Chapter 14 - Snowfall

"Spoken Words" - 'Thinking' - *Sound Effects*

*I do not own Nikke, or any of the related characters. Nikke is created and owned by SHIFT UP Corporation. This story is intended for entertainment purposes only. I am not deriving any financial benefit from this story. All rights of Nikke belong to SHIFT UP Co.*

*I claim no ownership of any images used in this story. All images belong to their respective owners*

_______________________________________________________________

After stepping through the massive metal doors, the rest of the research base opens up to reveal a very spacious circular room branching off into different sections. Near the center of the room a wide ring shaped control center buzzes occasionally.

"Hm, the place is remarkably untouched. Here, check out that terminal over there. It'll point you to the directory with the information pertaining to the Pilgrims." Ludmilla explains.

"Hold on, you were the one in charge of this place before. Can't you check it out instead?" Anis suggests.

Ludmilla gives a tired sigh before walking over to a small terminal and placing her and over it, upon contact the machine immediately begins to emit black smoke before subsequently ceasing to function. "There, now do you see why I can't do this? Any machine I touch becomes unusable." Ludmilla regretfully points out.

"Yep! My Queen is not very good at this, so I operate all the machines at home!" Alice cheers.

"Unfortunately I have no idea why I've been bestowed with such a curse, so for now it's for the best that I touch only living things, or something that's already been destroyed." Ludmilla suggests.

"Looks like this terminal needs some sort of password to access it." you observe.

"WonderLand, the password you seek is WonderLand. Capital W and L while the rest are lowercase. From there head over to the files and search for the one labeled 'Classified Materials' to access that you'll need to enter the password, SuperUltraNikke, to access it. Capital S, U, and N." Ludmilla instructs.

You follow her directions exactly and a large map is projected into the nearby wall in front of you with distinct red X's and circles drawn at several points.

"This is a map of the entire northern tundra. The red marks you see indicate spots where the Pilgrims have been spotted. The numbers next to each mark also denote the date at which the Pilgrims were seen, judging from the close proximity and timing from sighting to sighting, it would appear as if they're looking for something around here. I can't possibly imagine what it is, and I'll admit I've only ever seen them from a distance, but whatever it is must be pretty important." Ludmilla elaborates.

'What could Snow White be searching for up here? I know she was hunting down Chatterbox but would the both of them really play this game of cat and mouse for this long?' you wonder.

"Assuming the intervals between each sighting remain consistent, then there's a good chance that the Pilgrim should be seen somewhere around this area tomorrow." Ludmilla extrapolates.

"That's very helpful, thank you, Ludmilla. Is it alright if we take a break here before we head out to find them?" you ask her.

"I see no problem with that, come, follow me. This room is rather chilly due to the recently destroyed heating system, but I do know of one place here that should've retained all its heat." Ludmilla accepts as she led everyone somewhere. Soon everyone makes it to a cozy little lounge area, much more warm and spacious compared to the bunker you were in earlier.