Chapter 13 - Across The Frozen Frontier

"Spoken Words" - 'Thinking' - *Sound Effects*

*I do not own Nikke, or any of the related characters. Nikke is created and owned by SHIFT UP Corporation. This story is intended for entertainment purposes only. I am not deriving any financial benefit from this story. All rights of Nikke belong to SHIFT UP Co.*

*I claim no ownership of any images used in this story. All images belong to their respective owners*

_______________________________________________________________

A few days go by as you mentally and physically prepare for the grueling trek up north. Once some time has passed you go about your usual business until you realize something. Andersen never gave you something to access the research base, how would you enter the facility without something to let you in or designate your clearance?

"Wait, I just realized Andersen never gave me some sort of key or pass to access this research base, maybe I should head over to his office on the off chance we'll need one." you halt your squad.

"Non. Non non non, that won't be necessary." A flamboyant voice rings out.

"Wait, I know that voice, and that light too! Could it be..?" Anis wonders. Everyone turns in the direction of the voice to find a bright light sparkling what appears to be a gigantic golden disco ball, you see a very tall man standing in front of the surface elevator in a very flashy checkered outfit and round Sunglasses.

"Voilà! Exactment! Greetings, commander! I am the CEO of Tetra Line, the greatest showman in the entire Ark! Mustang!" the tall man eagerly proclaims whilst striking a flashy pose

"Voilà! Exactment! Greetings, commander! I am the CEO of Tetra Line, the greatest showman in the entire Ark! Mustang!" the tall man eagerly proclaims whilst striking a flashy pose. "Allez! Repeat after me, Entertainment!" Mustang continues.

Everyone remains silent in pure surprise, you didn't expect one of the big three to be so, how to put it? Extravagant. Mustang stops posing as he turns to Anis with an expectant look.

"Oh non, Anis. Where is your applause?" he asks.

"Hey, boss. It sure has been a while huh?" Anis greets.

"You look well, chérie. Tell me mon chérie, when will you come back to me?" Mustang wonders.

"Oh, uhhh... Sorry, I've just been a little busy with things here as of late!" Anis replies.

"Oh... C'est bon. The best things in life are worth waiting for, are they not? Et vous, vous êtes commandant Y/N?" Mustang asks, turning his attention to you.

"Oui, c'est moi" you reply.

"Bravo! Magnifique! Bonne réponse, commander! I heard you were heading towards the research base in the north, no?" Mustang asks while taking out a small plastic card.

"Take this pass, ah, but be mindful! This pass is quite, particulier. Please take a good look, Commander Y/N, I will only show you once!" Mustang adds before moving into a short one minute dance routine.