Chapter 30 - Break Through The Storm

Author's Note: Woah, it's been a while since I was able to get one of these out so fast! Anyway, in case you missed it, I'm actually going to go back and split chapter 17 in order to improve them before moving on with the story. Other than that, please enjoy this one. I had a lot of fun putting it all together!

Update for 8/14/2023 - Just finished adding in the new chapters and renaming the following sections appropriately.

"Spoken Words" - 'Thinking' - *Sound Effects*

*I do not own Nikke, or any of the related characters. Nikke is created and owned by SHIFT UP Corporation. This story is intended for entertainment purposes only. I am not deriving any financial benefit from this story. All rights of Nikke belong to SHIFT UP Co.*

*I claim no ownership of any images used in this story. All images belong to their respective owners*

_______________________________________________________________

In a dimly lit board room deep within the military headquarters...

Andersen stands in front of a bright blue holographic display as he waits for a few guests to show up. It's been a few days since the joint operation between Counters and Absolute had concluded, and the Deputy Chief has had restless nights thinking about how to deal with the underground facility. Hopefully, all of that will be decided today after calling a few select guests over for a meeting.

The Deputy Commander doesn't wait for much longer as all of his expected visitors all flood into the room shortly after he finishes setting everything up. Mustang and Ingrid stride into the room while you stand with your squad behind a very irritated Syuen. You offer the short girl a hand but she merely shoos you away with one of her crutches before meeting everyone else at the table.

"So, is everyone here?" Andersen double checks, hoping not to miss anyone.

"Yes."

"I'm riiiiiiight here!"

"Commando unit reporting in."

"..."

Syuen sulks in silence but Andersen can tell that she was present.

"Good, then allow me to fill everyone in. As all of you know, the joint operation between the Counters squad and the Absolute squad has led to quite the revelation. The raptures have constructed an underground facility with the intention of reviving the Heretic Modernia. In order to face this threat head-on, then we must prepare for all out war. Our objectives are twofold. One is to destroy the underground facility, and the other is to detain or destroy the Heretic Modernia. Succeeding this mission is paramount in advancing humanity's efforts in reclaiming the surface." Andersen succinctly explains.

"So, what exactly is the plan?" Ingrid raises.

"We're going to plant explosives on the walls of the facility. The first phase will be to detonate these explosives to make the facility collapse. Modernia should surface once the base is destroyed, which leads into phase two. Phase two will involve clearing a path above ground to reach Modernia. Once we have confirmation of the target, we move on to the final phase which involves capturing the Heretic. Considering the importance of this base to the raptures, there is a strong likelihood that high ranking enemies such as Chatterbox may arrive to defend the base, so we'll need the strongest everyone can offer." Andersen further elaborates.

"This sounds perfect for Absolute. I'll let them know right away so they can make the necessary preparations." Ingrid decides.

"Oh! This sounds perfect for Cafe Sweety! My mademoiselles will have no problem cutting through les déchets!" Mustang confidently calls.