49 Satoru's Sorrow

The day after the fight

Songs: Two Along Their Way- grandson, Die For You- The Weekend, Time- NF

Gojo layed in the schools gym, the floor cool against his back. He threw a basketball up, caught it, and threw it again. But after a couple times a frown inched its way onto his face, and the ball bounced away from him.

(flashback)

The schools gymnasium was one of the best air conditioned areas in the school. Hence him yelling and marching, "Follow me! Follow me! Follow me or else die of heat stroke!"

You giggled, while Geto and Shoko rolled their eyes with a slight smile, all of you following him.

He had suddenly thrown the basketball at Geto, looking away innocently as it almost hit the side of Getos head.

"Bastard.." Geto glared, throwing it back at him.

That started their game, each of them making it in the basket every time, more and more creatively. He glanced over, smirking to himself as you seemed impressed. Unfortunately, Shoko stole your attention with a game of rock paper scissors.

Although your game didn't last long as he and Geto began arguing, per usual Shoko ran away. "Don't leave me with them!" You wailed.

He stuck his tongue out at Geto, who in turn manifested one of his curses. Their to be fight was cut short as they were both pummeled with a basketball to the face. "Stop fighting, you always scare my friend away."

In an instant he and Geto were at your side, each of them holding an arm and pulling you back and forth. "Aren't we your friends too?!"

"You're gonna upset me if you keep joking like that." Geto pouted.

"Nah, don't like either of you."

"Is it because we almost ran you over on the bike?!" Gojo wailed.

"We really didn't mean it!" Geto sighed.

"It felt pretty purposeful." You couldn't keep the grin off your face.

Gojo didn't bother to move as the door was opened, Yaga walking in with his arms crossed. "I'm denying your application."

He popped up, "What? Why?"

Yaga sighed heavily, "Maybe in a couple years, but you're still a kid Satoru."

He went to refute, but slumped down. "Fine."

Yaga wanted to ask what happened between you and him, but decided against it. Gojo looked down enough as is. "If you're really serious, you should look into it some more. I doubt you have any idea how to be a teacher."

Gojo smirked, though it seemed to take some effort, "Anyone could be a better teacher than you, old man."

"Talk to me when you've got a student as difficult as you." The man sighed, hoping and praying there was never another Gojo Satoru.

"Yeah yeah, I get it."

What was he doing with himself? What was he going to do? What should he do?

For once, Gojo was unsure of himself. There was no salvaging Geto. He knew that. He missed him. Yearned to have his friend at his side once more. Even if it wasn't possible, Geto Suguru would always be his best friend. But what about you? He felt at a loss when it came to you. He felt regret for his words. He shouldn't have approached you like that, shouldn't have said those things, shouldn't have phrased his worries and insecurities in such a way. But he did, and there was no taking it back now.