part 36: stampede

i wake up in the morning being the first one up

i turn to my right where the boys are soundly asleep together

i'd be wonderful if i have an idea of what happened last night but after the 56th sip my mind went blank and now there's 2 empty bottles of wine on my bed.

i think i'm an alcoholic.

my head is POUNDING as i try to sit up on my bed.

"fuck i need a painkiller" i think to myself

i get up and get dressed , which really jusy consists of getting toms jeans bc they're on the floor and i'm
too lazy to get out my luggage and putting them
on with a belt so they don't fall

i keep the hoodie i slept in and throw on some sneakers. i grab my wallet and as i head towards the door i remember what kim said

"don't be alone at any moment "

but it's only the gas station to get ibuprofen and it's literally down the street.

i think about it for a bit and i shimmy back to get some shades bill had

i put them on and then head out the door

-
-
-
-

once at the store i grab some ibuprofen from some random isle and drag myself in this big ass pants to the next isle where i get tom some gummy worms and bill some chips incase they wanted something.

i move onto the fridges and grab 3 coffees and one big ass water bottle though these boys probably haven't drank water in weeks.

i carry all these things to the register and place them down. the cashier looks up from his phone and shoved it immediately in his pocket once he sees me.

"hi" he says as he grabs all the things and starts scanning them .

"hey" i say as i lean down and grab a pack of gum and some tic tacs and then get up once again to place them in the counter aswell.

"i've never seen you around here" he says as he scans bills chips with a smile plastered on his face.

"oh yeah" i say " i'm in the hotel down the street for some work stuff " i continue as i move my shades up with my finger.

"oh cool cool" he says as he looks at the screen to tell my total.

"12.45" he says

"yeah perf" i say as i grab my wallet from my pocket and take out a 20.

"would youuuu" the cashier says catching my attention  ," would you be in town long enough to grab a coffee with me? "

i stare at him for a minute with the 20 in my hand

"oh haha" i laugh, "i'm flattered but i'm really really busy with work and i'm already with someone" i say as i hand him the 20.

"oh bummer" he laughs off as he gives me my change and my bag

"yeah sorry" i say again

i walk away and flash him a smile

"have a good day!!!" i can hear him yell from the counter as i'm outside.

what a silly dude i think to myself as i walk back to the hotel.

-
-
-
-
-
once back at the hotel i rustle through my pocket and  find the key.

i open the door to bill hitting tom in the face and tom making a really weird crying noise.

i guess the heard the door click close because they both looked over to me like deer in headlights