Chapter 7

By the time it was winter, very little had changed. You were planning on spending the holiday at Hogwarts.

Neville had invited you to spend the break with him and his grandmother, but you didn't want to get in the way of him and his life.

"YN, really... She said she'd love to meet you! Your my best friend." He tries to convince you.

"Neville, I want you to go and spend time with your grandma for the holidays. I'll be fine here." You respond, stubbornly.

He nods, responding; "okay... You'll be alright? I really would prefer if you came with..."

You started to feel guilty. He probably thought you didn't want to spend the holiday with him. Realistically, you were just anxious.

"Hmmm... I'll think about it". His face immediately lights up as you say this.

Neville spent the rest of the day trying to convince you, until you finally said yes.

You were horrified, but never continue to reassure you everything would go great.

And it did go great. When you got there, the atmosphere was very calming. It was completely different than the Dursley household.

You felt bad for not celebrating Christmas with the Dursleys, but you knew you'd be happier here. You also heard that Harry was staying at Hogwarts with Ron so that made you feel better.

Neville's grandma had been very sweet, and seemed extremely happy that you came which made you thankful you did.

You made sure to go shopping for gifts before Christmas. You found some things that could help him with his plants. After that you had bought plenty of expensive clothes and accessories, one of them being a golden lion pin.

You had plenty of money and wanted him to feel special this Christmas, as he was your only friend.

You debated buying something for Draco, but in the end decided not to. If he couldn't respect Neville, he didn't deserve your respect.

On Christmas day, Neville was completely overwhelmed by all the gifts you got him. He almost begged you to return some of it, but you responded by saying; "it's nothing. I have lots of money and nowhere to spend it. It'd be a pleasure to spend it on you".

The whole week had been nothing but fun, and you didn't want to go back.

On the first day back, you had seen Neville wearing one of his nice school uniforms you had bought him, as well as the golden lion pin clipped onto his tie.

"You look great!" You say as you walk to the Great Hall with eachother. 

Although technically you were supposed to be sitting at the Slytherin table, you often sat at the Gryffindor table with Neville.

When your not sitting with Neville, your sitting near Draco. You feel the same safety eating by him than you did in the common room a few weeks ago.