Chapter 37

Snape had gathered all the slytherin students for an announcement. "This year we will be holding the yule ball. It will be taken place in the Great Hall."

He continued to explain more about it and encouraged the students to practice dancing.

You were excited. You'd never experienced a school dance before. The ball was strictly for students fourth through seventh year, so you wondered if Ginny would be able to attend.

You hoped Luna would be there, and you were definitely expecting to see Neville.

Snape had also explained that the triwizarding competitors had the first dance. That would mean Harry must be there. You wondered who he would take.

That's when you realized. Who would you dance with? Draco certainly wouldn't dance with you. Everyone would see you, meaning everyone would find out about your secret relationship with Draco Malfoy.

You started to worry. Who would want to go with you? You later realized that Harry was having the same problem.

"Girls won't even look in my direction!" Harry complains as you both walk through the transfiguration courtyard.

You laugh at his frustration and a nod. "Yeah... I don't know who I'm going with as well. Maybe I'll ask Lorenzo or Neville? Just to go as friends, I mean" you respond.

You and your brother continue to talk for a few more minutes until you say; "Hey sorry Harry, but I'm going to go to the common room. Bye!".

He waves goodbye before walking off to do his own thing. When you get to the common room, you're surprised to see the only person in there is Lorenzo.

He looks like he's waiting for someone. "Oh, YN!" He says, "I was wondering if... You'd like to go to the yule ball with me?" He asks with a nervous smile.

"I'd love to!" You respond happily. You didn't know what you would do if no one wanted to go with you. And Lorenzo is one of your best friends. So everything worked out perfectly.