Chapter 14

Classes went as usual the next day. You didn't have any classes with Ginny because she was a year behind you, but you actually had a fair amount of classes with Neville this year.

What was unusual was that after classes when you went to go meet with Ginny and Neville in the transfiguration courtyard, she was no where to be found.

"Where could she be, Neville? You don't think it's my fault, do you? I mean it would make sense because of what happened yesterday with Ron..." You ask nervously.

"No. Ginny would never stop being friends with you for something stupid like that. She's better than that. She may just be running late, or maybe she got distracted practicing quidditch... You know how she is" Neville said, trying to comfort you.

You are never both sat on a bench in the courtyard and just talked until it started to get late.

You then walked to the Great Hall together, as you always did before dinner. Hearing anxiety start to grow when you noticed Ginny never came to dinner.

"Neville... I think we should tell someone. Maybe some things wrong" I say, nervously playing with my hands.

He thinks for a minute before responding; "yeah... maybe we should. I'll tell McGonagall. She is the head teacher of Gryffindor, after all"

You nodded, satisfied with the idea. "Sorry Neville I don't mean to be paranoid. It's just, You know... There's been a lot of rumors of strange things happening and I don't want anything bad to happen to her".

Neville looks back at you with guilty eyes after hearing your confession. "I won't let anything happen to her. We won't let that happen. She's going to be okay" Neville says, comfortingly.

Neville had told McGonagall after the both of you finished eating. After he talked with her you walked him to the Gryffindor common room.

"Bye YN. Try to get some rest" He said as he hugged you before turning around and going inside his common room.

You then went to your own common room so that you could get to your dorm. When you enter the dorm you saw Draco and his friends by the fireplace.

He smirked at you and you sent a small smile back. This hadn't been the first time he smiled at you, but it was one of the first times where it felt genuine.

When you got to a dorm you struggled to fall asleep so you decided to open your diary.

It was a gift you received from Harry before you were accepted into Hogwarts. You hadn't written anything in it yet so you thought of ideas.

Finally something came into mind and you went over to your desk to look through the many notes and letters you had.

You pasted the few letters Draco had given you into your book. You wanted to be able to remember your friendship with him forever.

After you finished gluing in the notes how you wanted them, you closed the book and laid yourself in bed.

You tried your best to fall asleep, but you kept worrying about Ginny. A voice in the back of your head was telling you something's wrong.