Chapter 8

You and Neville sat together in the Great Hall, chatting and laughing while eating your food.

While you weren't looking, a small box wrapped in shiny paper appeared on the table in front of you.

It said 'YN' in a handwriting you recognized. It was Draco's handwriting.

"What's that?" Neville asked, looking at the small box laid in front of me. "I don't know" I said as I held it in my hands, carefully opening it.

Inside was a small silver locket-styled necklace. You opened it to see a small pressed flower framed inside.

On the other side of the locket, 'DM' was engraved in cursive handwriting.

You smiled at the precious gift, and showed it to Neville. 'D.M.? who could that be?" He asked.

You let out a small laugh, responding; "I don't know!". You didn't know, but you couldn't tell Neville about Draco.

Not that there was anything going on between you and Draco.

Was there?

You couldn't sleep all night. Was there more between you and Draco? He didn't seem very friendly around others, but he was always sweet when alone.

You think back to when you first met on the Hogwarts Express. It felt like it was forever ago, but you still remember how kind he was that day.

You wondered if he could ever be like that again. He seemed ashamed to know you just because of your last name.

It was unfair. But you already knew you liked him. And now it was far too late. You had a crush on Draco Malfoy and you think he likes you back.

You want to run straight to Neville and tell him all about your recent discovery, but your worried about how he'll react.

Draco used to bully him. You know Neville hates Draco, so maybe you should just keep this to yourself for now.