Alternative Ending: Draco Malfoy

You nod as Harry shouts at you to get back to the portkey. You run back to the portkey and wait for him. You quickly realized who the mysterious man was. Voldemort. More death eaters arrive start to arrive and you begin to get nervous.

You recognized a lot of them. You saw Draco's parents along with Peter Pettigrew. You looked back to see Harry still behind you so you grabbed his hand and dragged him, running with him to the portkey.

You reached for the cup, and you and Harry teleported back to the safety of Hogwarts. You both were shaken up and looked horrified when you arrived. "Voldemort! He's back!" Harry shouts. Everyone stops clapping and goes silent. Fluer is already hysterically crying and Harry is causing her to become more panicked

Dumbledore storms up to the two of you and starts to interrogate Harry, asking what he means, trying to figure out what had happened.

You feel overwhelmed and immediately storm out of the Great Hall. You ran out into one of the many courtyards of Hogwarts. You sit down on a bench and try to hold in your tears.

"YN?" You hear a soft voice call for you. You look up to see Draco. "Is it true what Harry said...? You ran into Voldemort?" He asks, his voice shaking.

"Yes..." You respond, "your mom and dad were there too. I think bellatrix as well...I'm sorry." You look into Draco's eyes and feel as if you just watched his heart shatter. His eyes filled with tears and he sits down next to you.

"I'm scared. I'm scared they'll hurt you, kill you even" He expresses as he starts to cry quietly. You hug him, burying your face into his shoulder as tears fill your own eyes.

It all wasn't fair. The situation you were in. Being in love with the man you're supposed to hate. "What do we do..." You ask, trying to hide the fear in your voice.

Draco looks at you hopelessly. "I... I don't know. But we'll get through it together. I promise, I'm not leaving your side anymore" he comforts.

Draco promised to himself from then on that he would no longer associate himself with his family. He'd associate himself with you. With Harry, Ron, and everyone else he once thought he hated.

He knew Voldemort would have killed you. He knew Voldemort would try again. And he also knew that he would never let Voldemort hurt you. He'd never leave your side if he had to.

And he didn't. He ran away from his family and just stayed with you from then on. He lived with you and Harry at the Weasleys for a while.

He helped in any way he could, feeling as if he had to make up for his family's mistakes. The two of you grew more in love everyday, until the point where you were unseparable.

"YN, Please... I don't want you around any of this! Voldemort's trying to kill you, You know that... Please, let's find somewhere safe to stay while all of this is happening" Draco tries to convince you.

Eventually you agree. The two of you stay in a cottage styled home near Hogsmeade. You felt guilty that you couldn't help, but you knew that you would have been little help anyways.

After the war he would go and try to talk things through with his parents. They took him back in and he inherited Malfoy Manor, along with his family's savings. The two of you were safe and could finally live your lives together peacefully.

"Love, what are you thinking about?" He asks you from your shared bed in malfoy Manor. You look up from your spot on the reading nook.

"Just looking out the window. It's beautiful." He looks into your eyes, then to the window, and back at you. "It's raining." He responds confused.

"Exactly" you say with a smile. He admires your face for a few more minutes before getting up. "Where are you going?" You ask as you watch him start to get dressed.

"Come on, let's go out" he said simply. You looked at him curiously with a small smirk. You hold hands and walk down the stairs, making your way to the front door.

You start to get excited as Draco opens the door, revealing a light rain. You walked out, feeling the light rain drops hit your face. You grabbed Draco's hand and guided him into the rain.

At first he looked annoyed but then he started to smile as he noticed how happy you were. He hadn't seen you this happy since the war started. But now you were safe and you were with him. He couldn't be any happier.

"I love you" you tell him as you hug him, playing with his wet hair. Your hands started to grow cold, but you were still enjoying the rain. "I love you more" he said, pulling you in for a short kiss.

You let out a small laugh as you spend a little more time in the cold rain before going back inside. "Let's go, love. I don't want you getting a cold" he said softly.

You go back inside, hand in hand. Draco uses The Drying Charm on them both of you, and guides you to sit in front of the fireplace. "I'll make you some tea. Wait here" he says before walking off into the kitchen.

He came back shortly after and sat down with you. "Warming up?" He asks as he hands you your cup. You nod and take a sip.

"I have something special planned for tonight" he speaks quietly, "I'd like to take you for dinner at Diagon Alley".

"Oh, really? I haven't been there in so long!" You shout excitedly. He nods and tells you; "get dressed in somewhere nice".

You nod happily and go up to get dressed. You hadn't gone to do anything fun in a while. You get dressed into a green sundress similar to the one you wore on your first date.

Along with that, you wore the locket he had gifted you for Christmas a few years ago. After you were satisfied with how your look, you go back downstairs to meet back up with Draco.

"You're beautiful" he said with a genuine tone as he looked at you lovingly. You smiled at him and responded "thank you".

You used floo powder to get to Diagon Alley. When you arrived, the two of you linked arms and walked around, enjoying the atmosphere. By now it had stopped raining and was quite sunny.

Draco went into the leaky cauldron and got the food to-go. You looked at him with a confused face. He smiled and said; "I was thinking we could do a picnic... The rain has cleared up and it's quite beautiful".

"That sounds perfect, Draco" you say. He guides you up to a small hill to reveal a beautiful view. Flowers everywhere and large trees covering the dirty buildings that usually occupied the area.

It was peaceful. Beautiful. Just overall perfect. "It's stunning..." You say in awe. He sets out your food and begins to eat.

It was relaxing to just sit with the Earth and eat with your loving boyfriend. When you finished he used a spell to clean up. Instead of leaving the hill immediately, he remained sitting.

He looked nervous and you began to feel worried. "YN..." He starts, "would you like to marry me? To be with me until the end of our days?" He asks as he pulls out a box.

He opens it to reveal a beautiful ring. You were overwhelmed with emotions and all you could think of to do was hug him.

You cried into his shoulder and nodded. Everything was perfect and it would always be as long as you were with Draco. Even if you didn't know much about love, you knew you loved him and you knew he loved you just as much.