Chapter 28

It was 12am and you were yet again unable to fall asleep. You kept thinking about Voldemort. Your father. It hurt to think those two words had any relation.

You knew Mattheo Riddle. He was friends with all the other popular slytherins. You knew he was probably awake right now with his friends in the common room.

You could ask him about it. But if you were wrong, you'd be embarrassed and people would grow more suspicious of you.

But then you remembered something. Something Harry had said last year. 'Tom Riddle'. This only made your suspicions grow. You decided to go and try to find Mattheo.

You quickly got dressed and walked into the common room. You saw Pansy, Blaise, Draco, Theo, Lorenzo, and Mattheo all sitting on the couch talking shit about people in their classes.

Lorenzo was the first to notice you. "Hey, YN!" He shouted. You cringed at the fact that all their attention was on you. "Hi... I was actually wondering if I could talk to Mattheo alone..." I spoke quietly, looking in his direction.

He sent me a face of shock before returning to his straight face. He nodded and followed me out of the room.

"Who told you?" He asked with a concerned tone. "Uh- that I'm the daughter of...". He cuts you off; "yes!" You take a step back, and respond; "Professor Lupin. He told me".

"You know he wants to kill you, right? He's pissed that you survived" I look at him with a shocked face.

"I'm sorry.. I'm just worried. For your sake. Stay away from him at all costs" He says before going back to the common room. You stand there for a moment, thinking about what he had said.

The door to the common room opens once again, and Lorenzo walked out of it. "YN? Are you having trouble sleeping? What's wrong?"

You choose not to respond and just shrug. You wish you could tell him everything that just happened, but you knew that was the wrong thing to do.

You walk back into the common room and leave for your dorm, leaving a confused Lorenzo behind you.