Chapter 2

A large crowd of first years wait for their name to be called for the sorting hat. You had been one of the last kids to go up.

Draco's face immediately dropped when your name was called and you sent him a strange look.

You switched your case to Harry who was smiling at you. The hat is placed on your head and just a few moments later it shouts "SLYTHERIN".

Your brother immediately looks away, as if to pretend he doesn't know you.

You awkwardly walk to the Slytherin tables and sit with the rest of the new first years at the Slytherin table.

After everyone had gotten settled in you went to go find Harry.

"Hey, Harry! Is someone wrong?" You ask as you finally find him. He was with a boy you recognized. Ron.

"Yes something's wrong, you're a Slytherin!" Ron shouted. Now you were just confused.

"But... Draco said Slytherin is the best house. Is something wrong with it?" You ask, genuinely confused.

"Draco is only the worst of them all!" Ron yells back. You looked at Harry, hoping for him to side with you. But when he looked at you with dark eyes you knew he wouldn't.

"Oh...okay." You said before running off, back to your common room. You just wanted to sleep and forget all of this ever happened.

You wanted to go home. Were your real parents even wizards or witches?

On the way to your dorm you saw Draco in the common room and stopped to greet him.

He's the only one that's been nice to you since you were here. "Hey, Draco. Turns out we did both get in Slytherin!" You say with a giggle.

He scoffs at you and rolls his eyes. "Potter, go annoy someone else".

Your heart immediately breaks. What had you even done wrong? You nod, holding in your sniffles as you leave to your dorm.