Chapter 39

You and Harry had not talked since the yule ball. The next morning Draco did come by and apologize. He then asked you about Lorenzo and you reassured him that Lorenzo was just a friend.

You are now trying to find out a solution to the next Triwizard tournament's trial. Now that you and Draco were publicly dating you could sit with him during meals. You had convinced him to sit at the Gryffindor table with you and surprisingly he agreed.

"I just don't know what I'm going to do! Harry won't even talk to me. I don't want to do this alone" You say, talking about the Tri-Wizard tournament. You were nervous and all your friends could see it.

"Oh, YN! I heard Harry talking something about breathing underwater. It may have to do with the next trial." Neville commented, "I'll give you some Gillyweed beforehand just in case. I collected some for you"

You smile at his offer and thank him; "it means a lot Neville, really". He smiles at your reaction and nods.

When a time came for the second trial you were even more nervous. Neville had been right, and the Gillyweed was needed. All the contenders were now waiting for time to start.

Each participant had to dive into the water and receive a 'treasure' from the mermaids. A canon was shot into the air and you dived into the water. The Gillyweed not only helps you breathe underwater but swim as well.

You continue to swim until you found four students surrounded by dozens of mermaids. They must be the treasures mentioned prior. You immediately knew who you were supposed to rescue when you saw Lorenzo. You almost felt guilty.

You were surprised to see you were the first one there, but soon enough Harry arrived. You cut the rope Lorenzo was tied to and started to swim upwards.

You bring Lorenzo to everyone else and help him get out of the water. You were the first person back other than Fluer who had quit almost immediately.

Neville immediately hugged you as everyone started to clap. You looked around, looking for your boyfriend. When your eyes met he smiled at you and continued clapping.