Chapter 26

School seemed to be getting worse and worse. You were starting to regret joining the quidditch team, because now you were stuck spending almost every morning practicing.

Not only that but you saw little to no improvement. Staying up late to help Luna with all of the magical creatures around Hogwarts was also starting to take a toll on you.

Going to bed late and waking up early was not a good combo. You were starting to skip meals so that you would have more time to study.

You were now thirteen. This was supposed to be a big step forwards, You were expecting Hogwarts to become more fun. But the only change was your mental health declining.

Your friends were starting to get worried, but you promised them nothing was up. You sleepily walked from the quidditch pitch to your next class, defense against the dark arts.

You liked professor lupin a lot. He was always kind and understanding. When you got to class you sat in your usual seat between Ginny and Neville.

They both noticed how eerily tired you were. You were zoning in and out of consciousness and couldn't pay attention to a thing Lupin was saying.

You had fallen asleep at some point and didn't notice when class was dismissed. "Miss Potter, should I be worried?" Professor Lupin questioned in a gentle tone.

"Huh..? Oh. No. Um.." You stuttered out, trying to think of what words to say. Suddenly, in your sleepy state you ask; "Actually, I have a question. Unrelated, but... You said you knew James, right?".

He sighs before responding; "Yes. We were good friends. Why?"

"Do you happen to know who my real parents are? What happened to them?" His face starts to become nervous.

"Yes... I do know... But it's best if you don't" He says with an apologetic voice.

I immediately counter his claim; "if anyone should know it's me! I need to know... Please?".

He looked at you sadly. "Your mother died. And your father... He's a horrible man. You wouldn't want to know".

You were starting to get nervous, but your curiosity couldn't be killed that easily. "But I do want to know!"

He side once more and put his hand to his forehead, obviously getting annoyed. "Your father... Is 'the heir of Slytherin'... You-know-who... I'm sorry, YN".

The look of shock on your face would concern anyone who walked by. He explained that your father had disowned you because of your gender. James thought he could give you a better chance at life and immediately found you and adopted you as a baby.

This all just made everything worse. Not only were you sorted into Slytherin but you were the daughter of Voldemort. The most evil man you could think of.

You hated crying, it made you feel gross. But you cried all the night. You have rethought everything about yourself.
Did Draco know this already? There had been rumors about you being voldemort's daughter, but you just thought they were crazy.

There was another boy who was rumored to be voldemort's son. Mattheo was it? You wondered if he was actually related to Voldemort as well.