Chapter 18

Usually Harry, Neville, and Ginny were the only ones to send you letters. Which is why you were surprised when you received a letter in an unfamiliar envelope.

When you open the envelope you were shocked to see who it was from.

(Dear YN,

(Dear YN,

I've come to realize that I'm in love with you. I've liked you since the day we met on the Hogwarts Express. I'm sorry that I couldn't be part of your life sooner. I've been keeping something from you. My father isn't a good person. He always has a watchful eye on me and I can't risk him finding out about you. He already hates you and your brother. He can't find out about my feelings for you. I wish our families got along. I wish I wasn't a Malfoy. But that's not possible. It's painful to hide these feelings from everyone. I'm thankful at least you can know now. Please meet me at the one-eyed witch secret passage way which leads to Hogsmeade on Friday after classes. Don't worry about food, Dinner is on me. We can talk about this all there, where no one can see us.

Love, Draco.)

You knew you had to go. You've had a crush on him since first year. It was possible that it could have been a prank, but to you it was worth the risk.

You made sure to tell Neville and Ginny that you would be busy Friday. After classes you make your way over to the one-eyed whitch statue.

You enter the passageway and wait for Draco. "Hey, YN. I'm over here" You hear Draco say from behind you.

"Oh. Hey, Draco" You respond, nervously. "Now that we're alone, I need to talk to you about something really important." He states in a tone that makes you feel concerned.

"What's wrong, Draco?" You question him.

"The darklord is back, and my parents are death eaters, working for him." He states timidly.

You almost gasp as you hear those words leave his mouth. "Wait,what? He-who-must-not-be-named is back? How?"

"I don't know, my parents hold death eater meetings, and the darklord has been there talking with my parents."  He states, looking into your eyes.

"What the hell, Draco, what does this have to do with me?" You question furiously.

"He wants to kill Harry... and also you." He says, breaking eye contact with you to put his head down in shame.

You look at him, a shocked expression on your face that then turns into a confused one. "Why would he want to kill me?"

Draco lifts his head back up before answering; "Uhh... because your James Potter's daughter?"

You look at him, almost laughing at his confused expression. "I'm adopted, Draco."

He looks at you, baffled, jaw slightly open in shock. "You're what?"

"I am adopted Draco. I am not related to Harry, I don't know who my real parents are. I was adopted by James and Lilly Potter when I was really young." You state

"Oh... well, I don't know why the darklord would want to kill you then..."

"It's alright, he probably doesn't know that I'm not actually related to Harry. You're the only person besides me and Harry to know that I'm adopted." You mumble as the two of you continue to walk to honeydukes.

You and Draco arrive at honeydukes and start to head upstairs so you can make your way to the three broomsticks.

You and Draco go to a quiet table towards the back so you are able to continue the conversation you guys were having earlier.

"So about the letter you wrote me... did you really mean what you said?" You question hopefully.

He avoids eye contact with you, looking all around the restaurant, completely avoiding your gaze. "Yes, YN, I really did mean what I said, I like you."

You feel your face heat up at his words. "Well, I like you too, Draco."

The two of you continued to eat your dinner, a comfortable silence taking over with the occasional chatter of the other people around you.

As the sun starts to set, both of you decide that it's time to head back to Hogwarts.

As you walk through the tunnel, you feel Draco's hand in yours.

You fave heating up as your hands interlock, walking through the tunnel in silence.

As you finally exit the tunnel dracos' hand, let's go of yours. You were about to question why, but he began to speak.

"We have to keep us a secret. If my parents find out I like someone related to Potter, they'll freak out." He states sadly, looking at you

"It's ok, I understand, I'll see you tomorrow, Draco." You say smiling softly at him before heading inside the castle, heading towards the Slytherin common room and into your room.