Chapter 5

It was now Saturday and you decided to eat breakfast before going to meet up with Neville.

You hated eating in the Great Hall because it always felt like people were staring at you.

While eating you feel something tap your leg. You look down to see Draco handing you a note under that table.

You opened the folded note to read it said; 'You're pretty good at dueling. Maybe we can practice together sometime'.

You try to hide your smile from him as you finished eating.

When you're done eating you go back to your dorm to change. You chose a green sundress that you found buried in your wardrobe.

It wasn't really your style, but you thought Neville would like it and you were excited to finally have a friend

It wasn't really your style, but you thought Neville would like it and you were excited to finally have a friend. It also seemed comfortable for a day in hogsmeade.

When you're ready you rush to the South exit to meet with Neville. You find him standing outside of Hogwarts, waiting for you.

"Hey Neville! I hope I didn't keep you waiting..." You say with a smile.

"Hi, YN. And don't worry, I just got here." He responds. The two of these start walking on the trail from Hogwarts to hogsmeade.

"So, what's your favorite class so far?" He asks me with a genuine smile. I think for a second before responding; "defense against the dark arts is pretty fun. Although it does get pretty chaotic... Maybe Astronomy? It's very calming"

You went to add on to your statement but was interrupted. "Neville? What are you doing here with her?" You hear Harry say.

It seems like you can never get away from the people who hate you. "She's my friend" Neville defends.

"She's a Slytherin! She's as evil as the rest of them" Ron responds in an annoyed tone. You look at the group of friends uncomfortably before saying; "just leave me alone. I haven't done anything to you".

Harry's face almost looks guilty as he tells his friends that they better get back to the common room.

You sigh as they passed you and Neville patted your shoulder. Your pace starts to speed up and you smile as you see hogsmeade come into view.

You wandered around looking at all the shops before going to the three broomsticks to eat lunch.

"I got you these..." You say as you hand him some of the candies you saw him looking at while you were both in honeydukes.

"Oh... You didn't have to get me these" He stated. You smile at him, responding; "Don't worry about it. I have plenty of money, really. Harry and I both do".

He nodded, smiling. "Thank you. It's really generous of you"

The two of you continue to chat while eating your lunch. You complained about how Harry hates you for no reason while he complained about how annoying Draco is.

You learn a lot about each other, for example, his love for herbology.

By the time you both got back to Hogwarts you were closer than anyone. The two of you actually had a lot in common, and he seemed more like your brother than Harry.

You soon realized Harry probably felt the same way about Ron and Hermione.