Chapter 4

Noel's POV

I sit on the clearing that is definitely not my favourite one, but the first one without any people that I come across.

So, it's definitely better than my favourite one, which is filled with people.

I just listen to some music, while I stare at the clouds that pass over my head.

It's one of my favourite things to do in my free time, but most people that I know say that something is wrong with me, if I can literally sit in one place and do nothing for hours.

I don't really get what they men, those clouds are very entertaining, because they make different shapes, and I like to guess what they're showing.

So, it's definitely not boring, but I don't even try to explain something like that to those stupid people.

My thoughts are interrupted, when I take a deep breath, and I quickly stand up when I realise that I smell my mate, and that he's very close to me.

He's scent is getting closer with every second, so I decide to wait for here, but I frown when I realise that there are two scents.

The other one is similar to my mate's, so they have to be a family, probably siblings or something.

It takes only a few more seconds, before my mate is standing in front of me, in his wolf form, with a small kid on his back.

We look at each other for a while, before the small boy whines, so my mate lowers himself to the ground, letting the boy get down.

Then he shifts to his human form, and he looks at me with a frown.

"You're a boy." He tells me.

"Seriously? I didn't realise." I tell him, with an eye roll.

I'm definitely happy to find my mate, but I hope that he won't make a big deal out of the fact that I'm not a girl.

"He's mean." The small boy tells my mate.

"Stay quiet Peter." My mate says.

"But dad." He pouts, and I hold my breath when I realise what he just said.

I can't believe that my mate would have a kid, I really hope that he adopted the boy or something.

My mate seems to see my shocked expression, and he sighs in frustration, before he takes the kid's hand, and he comes a bit closer.

"Is there a place that I could stay? I will explain everything, but Peter is cold right now." He says.

I think about it for a while, and then I nod my head.

"You can stay with my brother, I'm sure that he will let you sleep there for a while, then we will figure out the rest." I say, and we make our way to my brother's house.

"I'm Derek." He tells me.

"Noel." I respond, and then we walk in silence for another few minutes, before he decides to speak again.

"Don't I have to meet the Alpha first or something?" Derek asks me.