Chapter 48

Noel's POV

Derek, Leon and I take Peter and Darrius, and we go towards one of the clearings.

Darrius is only about a week old now, and I'm happy to say that he calmed down after the first two days.

So, now he's very calm, and he barely cries, but we already know that he won't be an Omega, because he looks just like Derek, so he must be naturally calm.

At least for now, but I really hope that he will keep this behaviour when he will grow up.

Leon and I don't really speak with each other, but he apologised for the argument with the names, and he told Derek that I was telling the truth.

Which made Derek angry at him for a while day, until I convinced him that it's not worth it, even through this argument kind of killed my kid, and he made up with Leon.

I'm very sad about the fact that I lost the baby, and I doubt that I will be taking Peter to my favourite tree.

But I'm happy that the surgery went well, and that I will be able to have another kid, if the Moon Goddess will be nice enough to let me.

On the other hand, it turned out that the surgery didn't go that well for Leon, and there's a chance that he won't be able to have any more kids in the future.

I'm a bit sad because of that, and so are Derek and Leon, but we don't really talk about this.

It seems that the Moon Goddess doesn't really like us this much, but we will have to live with it.

To be honest, I don't really mind being around Leon and his kid, I most likely would have preferred to never see them again, but I'm alright with being around them, if it means that I can spend time with my mate.

And I think that Leon is thinking similarly to me, because he doesn't complain about my presence either.

So, that's how it is now, all of us are sad, but we manage to keep everything going, and hopefully we will finally get a break from all of it, and all of us will be able to be happy at once.

When we reach the clearing, I leave Leon and Derek, so they can feed their baby, while I go to play with Peter.

He seems to like me, although I know that he prefers my parents over me, or even over Derek to be honest.

I don't think that Derek knows this, but I'm not going to be the one to tell him.

Peter laughs as I pull him to the ground with me, and I start to tickle him, which makes him laugh even more.

Soon Derek joins us, and we play together, while Leon watches us from his place under the tree.

After a few hours, all of us get bored of being here, and we're all tired, so we go back to the house to rest for a bit.