Chapter 14

Noel's POV

The last few days have been very bad, my mate sleeps only a room away from me, and he's in my house all day, but I barely even see him.

It feels like he's avoiding me, most likely because he knows that I told my friend to beat up Leon, but it's not like Leon never beat me before.

Hell, I had to tell someone to do this for me, because I'm the weaker one out of the two of us.

But Derek doesn't know anything about our past, at least I don't think that he knows this.

I should just go to Leon's room, and ask to talk with Derek, trying to convince him to forgive me, even though I'm not feeling very guilty about the fact that Leon was beat up because of me.

But I don't really want to force Derek to like me, it seems that what I have said to Leon a while ago had turned out to be my situation.

I didn't expect that my mate will prefer my brother over me, but I guess that it's the reality that I will have to live in.

To be honest, I want my mate to be happy, even though I would have preferred him to be happy with me.

So, I will let him be with my brother, if that's what he wants to, and I will stay away from their relationship.

If papa heard my thoughts right now, I bet that he would have said that I have finally grew up.

After all he had waited years for me and Leon to not beat each other over everything.

I chuckle slightly at the thought, and I take my phone in my hands, deciding that I had enough of looking at the ceiling in silence.

I know that my parents had planned a family night this week, so I have to make sure that I will be calm enough to be able to sit through it, after all, my brothers will be there, and I can't say that all of them like me.

I put some calming music on, and I lay down on my bed, before I close my eyes.

A few minutes later I hear that Derek and Leon are laughing at something, so I take deep breath, before I open my eyes to find my headphones.

I was stupid enough to believe that Derek would like someone like me.

I'm a very quiet person, who really doesn't like to interact with much people, or do anything stupid like most people my age.

And I thought that my mate will be similar to me, but over the last few days that he was living here, I could see that he really enjoys my twin's company.

And Leon is almost the exact opposite of me.

He likes to go to parties, and he's one of those people that the whole school likes.

So, I guess that I was very stupid if I thought that Derek could like me.