Chapter 37

Noel's POV

I lead Peter towards the pack house, I guess that I will have to see the Doctor after all.

Hopefully this time I won't have to wait, because I doubt that I won't run away again.

"Where are we going?" Peter asks me.

"To the pack hospital." I tell him, and he nods in acknowledgement.

"Let's hope it's the pregnancy not the cancer, although I don't think that it's much better." He tells me with a shrug, which makes me laugh.

I definitely like this version of my mate.

When we reach the pack hospital, it seems to be empty, so we wait for the Doctor in the corridor, and he greets us with a smile.

"I wondered where you disappeared the last time." He tells me. "Are you here for the same reason?" He asks.

"Yeah." I confirm, so he motions for me to go with him into the room.

Peter follows me, and I help him sit on the chair that is next to the bed that Doctor Chris tells me to lay on.

I take my shirt off, and I look at Peter, who's looking at the ultrasound machine with curiosity.

"What's this?" Peter asks.

"It will tell us if Noel is pregnant." The Doctor responds with a smile.

"I want to see." Peter says, so the Doctor tells him to come to him, and he puts him on his lap.

Then he turns to me, and he lets Peter pour some very cold gel on my stomach, it makes me shiver, but I decide to not complain.

The Doctor puts something to my stomach, and all three of us look at the screen that shows some weird image.

Soon the Doctor smiles, and he points at the middle of the screen, so I look at it, and I can see a small dop, so I arch my eyebrow at the Doctor, not knowing why he's happy about it.

"So, it's a cancer after all?" I ask him, and he laughs loudly, making Peter groan in annoyance, because he's laughing almost straight into his ear.

"Thankfully not." Doctor Chris tells me, so I look at the screen again, wondering what that is.

I doubt that it can be a kid, because it definitely doesn't look like a baby.

"It's your son." He tells me, and I frown.

"Then why doesn't it look like a baby?" Peter asks the question that I was about to ask.

"It will start to look like a baby in a few weeks, from what I see you were pregnant for about two weeks." He tells me, then he puts Peter on the floor, and he goes somewhere.

He comes back with a few pictures of the dop, which is supposed to turn into a kid in a few weeks.

Along with a small needle, which Peter's eyeing with curiosity.

"What's that for?" Peter asks.

"It will let me take some of Noel's blood." He says, and he starts to make my hand ready.

"Can I take some of Noel's blood with it?" Peter asks, and Doctor Chris chuckles slightly.

"That's not the best idea, but when you will be a few years older, and you will want to learn to do things like this, then you can come here, and I will teach you." He says.

"And for now you can watch." I tell him, and he agrees happily.