Chapter 11

Derek's POV

I walk with Scott towards the pack hospital.

He told me that my mate is waiting for a surgery, and that he wants me to be there, so I didn't hesitate to follow him.

I also took my son, because even though I like Scott, Peter is still a bit scared of everyone, but hopefully he will be fine after a while of living here.

When we walk inside of the pack house, I look around, and I can't believe how different it looks from the one at my former pack.

We soon reach the door that leads to the pack hospital, and Scott helps me find the room that my mate is in, before he tells me to call him when I will want to go back.

So, I thank him, and I take Peter inside of the hospital room.

Noel smiles when he sees us, and Peter runs towards him to give him a hug, then I hug him too, and I sit on one of the chairs.

"What happened?" I ask him, while looking at his leg that looks pretty bad.

"Nothing much, my brother told my parents some lies about me, and one of them got angry when I was trying to go out of the room.

So, he grabbed my arm and he accidentally made me trip, then my leg bent wrongly, and I landed on it." He explains, which makes me frown, I hope that he doesn't have abusive parents or something.

I decide to not say anything, so I just nod in acknowledgement, then we talk about something else, before the Doctor walks into the room, and he takes my mate with him.

I consider if I should call Scott to come and get me, but I know that Peter fell asleep in my arms, so I lay him on the bed, and I decide that I will wait to make sure that the surgery will go well.

Then I will most likely go back to Scott's, because I doubt that Noel will be waking up anytime soon.

About an hour later, I hear some footsteps outside of the room, and someone goes inside one of the other rooms.

I don't pay attention to it, but then I realise that I smell a scent very similar to the one that belongs to my mate, just slightly different.

It makes me frown, but I stand up and I go outside of the room, after making sure that my son is still asleep.

When I open the door that leads to the hospital corridor, my instincts go crazy, confirming that this person is my mate too.

So, I look inside of the room that they're in, and my frown deepens when I see my mate.

But this version of him doesn't have a broken leg.

Instead of that, he is bruised badly, and I wince form just looking at him.

There are three men with him, and all four of them look at me when they hear me.

My mate's eyes widen when he sees me, and I smile at him.

I have no idea what's going on, but I'm happy anyway, I never thought that I will have two mates.

"Hi." I say.

"Hey." He says, and he motions for me to come over.