Chapter 42

Noel's POV

After a while, Peter gets bored of sitting, and he stands up to look for some sticks that he could play with.

And he looks up at the tree that is above me, with a huge smile on his face.

"I wonder how the world would look like from the top of this tree." He says, and I look up to see that this tree is one of the biggest ones here, and it has nice branches, so it would be easy for us to climb on it.

My bump is still very small, so it shouldn't be a problem for me to climb the tree.

To be honest I think that I will be having an Omega, which makes me a bit upset, because the baby will look like me not like Derek, but I'm still happy that I will be having it.

I stand up, and I lift Peter to the first branch, which he grabs in his hands, but he looks down at me with a frown, instead of climbing on the branch.

"What are you doing?" He asks me.

"We're going to climb this tree." I say with a smile, it used to be one of my favourite things to do, especially if Harry was with me, but the last time that I did it was a few days before I met Derek.

So, I kind of miss it, and I would be very happy to do it again.

Peter looks excited about it, definitely not expecting me to agree to do it, but his excitement disappears quickly, and he looks at my stomach.

"But you're pregnant." He tells me.

"I will be fine." I assure him, so he smiles again, and he starts to climb on the branch.

When I'm sure that he's sitting steadily, I climb on the same branch, and I lift him to the other, then I follow him again, until we reach the upper half of the tree.

The branches here are not very safe to climb, so I decided that we should stop here, and Peter's alright with it, so we sit on the branch, and we look at the view in front of us.

We're high enough to get a glimpse of the pack house, but the rest of the trees are covering most of it.

I will have to take Peter to my favourite tree, which has a very nice view of the pack lands.

But for now, it will have to be enough for us.

We sit here for a long time, until I hear some movement, and a squirrel comes towards us.

It definitely doesn't intend to hurt us, because the squirrels in this pack like people, but Peter doesn't seem to realise it.

The squirrel sits on one of his legs, which makes him start to move in hopes of making it leave, but he moves too far back, and he begins to fall from the tree, before I can even stop him.

I manage to catch his shirt, but I can't grip the branch tight enough, and I start to fall with him.

I manage to move us, so I will hit the ground, and Peter will land on me, but my world turns black right after I hit the ground.