A Week of Weeping

Taylor's POV:

It's been one week since I was reunited with Toby. And 2 weeks since Vikki, Mike and Ash have been missing.

He ended up taking up another day here and we spent the whole day together to make up for the lost time, but obviously that time didn't last because he had to go back on tour but I didn't mind as much this time.

The police were starting to give up on the crime which was leaving my parents feeling even worse and more and more people calling us to tell us how sorry they were for us but that just made everything worse!

I tried keeping myself occupied by talking to friends and everything, but the longer Vikki was gone to more depressed I was that I wasn't going to see her ever again and that thought just made me want to sit in the corner of my room and sob all day.

I was down in the kitchen where my parents were on the phone and my mom was smiling slightly which I haven't seen in these past 2 weeks. "Ok thank you officer," She says hanging up the phone.

"Mom what's up?" I ask grabbing a banana.

"The officers in LA have found the criminals that had your sister and your friends." She states and I smile so brightly and run over to her and hug her.

"But honey there is bad news too..." My dad says trailing off. Shit.

"They haven't found your sister or your friends. There were shreds of clothes at the crime scene and they did find footprints that were your sisters but they were footprints of her escaping," my dad explains.

"But Vik's alive?" I ask still happy. At the crime scene or not I just needed to know that she was alive.

"They don't know for sure but there is a great chance that she is," He says and joins in our hug. This was great. There was hope of my sister being alive and her coming home again and everything going back to normal.

"Wait since they have a lead does that mean I get to go back to LA soon too?" I ask as we release each other.

"Yes as soon as they find Vik we are sending both of you back to LA," my dad says looking at my mother for confirmation but I can see right through her. She had a fake smile plastered on her face. How did I know it was fake? Because I do the exact fake smile too. She could never fool me.

"Mom you need to learn to be happy for me ok? Vik and I are growing up and we were gonna leave at one point," I simply state going up the stairs back to my room.

I didn't want another stupid fight ruining this moment for hope for my sister coming home.