Ch. 22 ~The Baby~

' - ' ~ Inner thoughts
" - " ~ Dialogue
Letters in Itallic are letters or books.
* - * ~ Sound effects
—————————————

No one's POV:

The masked man with green eyes is sneaking around Lorena's home making sure nobody is around to witness what he is about to do. He place a small box in front of Lorena's door and places 2 things inside. He hears Lorena start to wake up and quickly runs away.

—————————————

Lorena's POV:

I woke up bright and early hoping to spend some time with Donna, Zoey and Kiki. I was thinking amid having a girls day today. As I'm ready to head out I make sure all my pets are fed and I make my way out my house. I close the door and turn to walk towards the village when I see a box. I carefully peek inside the box and find a sleeping baby boy. With a name tag next to him.

"Oh my goodness! Who left this baby here?"

I carefully pick up the baby in my arms as it cuddle a in me to stay warm. I crouch down to grab the name tag and read the name...

"Levin... we'll hi little Levin. How did you end up on my doorstep?"

I decide to take him with me to visit Garroth real quick to see how he's doing. I carefully open the door with one hand while holding Levin with my other arm. I walk in to see Garroth carefully walking around.

"Garroth! You're up and walking!"

Garroth: "Lorena... I hate for you to see me like this... in both body and mine. I'm not all here at the moment."

"Don't worry Garroth..."

Garroth: "Easy for you to say, the arrow more than hurt my flesh, it pierced my pride. Urrrgh, it hurts to walk straight up, not so much in my legs as in my abdomen.

...What is that you're holding?"

"What's what?"

Garroth: "..........Since when did you have a baby?"

"Since this morning. He was left at my door."

Garroth: "Left at your door!? But the seven, is he hurt? Is he hungry? Who's going to take care of him?"

"Me... I'm going to keep him."

Garroth: "You'd raise this baby as your own? My goodness, are you sure? A child is a lot of responsibility and you have duties to this village."

"I'm sure!"

Garroth: "... Then I will help you raise him, should you be needed elsewhere I will care for him and make sure he is cared for. I'll also make an attempt to find his rightful birth parents or care takers, should he be deemed missing. I'll send a raven to Bright Port to inquire Azura if any villagers are missing a baby or know anything of the matter. Until then care for him as your own.

... You know he's kind of cute. He reminds me of someone.

.....

Now, onto my pen and quill. Ow, ow, ow."

I giggle at him. I make my way over to Kiki who has been taking care of Garroth ever since he got hurt.