Ch. 57 ~The Baby Showers PT.3~

' - ' ~ Inner thoughts
" - " ~ Dialogue
Letters in Itallic are letters or books.
* - * ~ Sound effects
( - ) ~ Whispering
—————————————

Lorena's POV:

* BOOM *

The TNT we set on the entrance of the old farmhouse explodes and once the coast is clear we rush in.

"ZANE! ONCE I GET MY HAND ON YOU IM GOING TO—"

I'm cut off by the fact that Zane is nowhere to be seen. The end of the farmhouse is covered by the black and purple substance and there are 4 skeletons scattered around on the floor.

"W-What is this...?"

Garroth: "W-What the heck is going on here...?"

"This is... disturbing..."

Garroth: "I knew Zane was a horrid person. I only wish I had done some thing about it sooner. T-This is all my fault..."

"Garroth, now isn't the time for a pity party. We need to get Alexis back to normal."

Garroth: "Agreed. I'll start conducting my search around the perimeter with Dale. Brian, I want you to identify the skeletons, see if you can determine who they are immediately. Lord Lorena, you search inside the house. We'll find Zane and make him pay."

"Deal."

Garroth: "Let's go."

With that he runs out and starts searching around the village. Brian is examining the skeletons and I walk up to him.

"What can you determine about these skeletons Brian?"

Brian: "I don't know if this is a good thing or not but these bodies are not new... they've been decayed for a while."

"How is that good?"

Brian: "It means that none of these people are our villagers or anyone nearby. Their decay seems to have been from a year ago... or at least somewhere around that time. I'll see if there are any clues to identify them, but it's possible these bones were dug up from the grave... there's dirt composite on them... keep looking around Lady Lorena."

I nod my head as I look at Grey Wind sniffing around the area. I start searching around the black and purple substance hoping to find out what's going on. Suddenly I'm surrounded by darkness and then an image of a dark blue shadow figure flashes in my mind and when I open them I'm somewhere completely different. The ground below me is white and purple and when I look up I see the tall dark blue shadow figure standing a few feet away from me while what seems like a black heart is behind it. It doesn't seem to attack me so I cautiously walk up to it.

"H-hello...?"

???: "Please! Don't hurt me!"

"I will if you don't start talking."

???: "Please, I just want to go home! Please don't hurt me, I've done nothing to anyone! That man clocked in white put me here! I didn't do anything I swear!"

"Calm down, I believe you. Please, tell me what... or who you are."

???: "T-Thank you. I-I... I really don't remember who I am. I just remember things weren't always this dark... painful... there was light once and that was home."

"You are not making any sense."

???: "I'm sorry, I'll tell you what that man said... he kept telling me I was a heart of the Shadow Lord... that I was needed in order to give physical form to him. The sacrifice of my humanity was enough to reconstruct the heart. I don't know what he was talking about AT ALL I promise! Please you have to believe me!"