Ch. 40 ~Grim Decision~

' - ' ~ Inner thoughts
" - " ~ Dialogue
Letters in Itallic are letters or books.
* - * ~ Sound effects
—————————————

Lorena's POV:

I go to find Laurence first to tell him about what I saw before I head over to the Werewolf Tribe. I find him in his usual spot patrolling the area and I run up to him. He turns around and sees me.

Laurence: "Lorena! The meeting between the two Lord candidates is over, I came to meet up with you but I see you've already met with Castor."

"Actually, I didn't..."

I tell him everything about what I discovered in Castor's home.

Laurence: "... No... this isn't good, at all... if Sasha truly left that message... I'm afraid of what it could mean."

"Castor could be in danger."

Laurence: "More danger than you can imagine, did you hear about what happened to the Lord of Bright Port? He was apparently taken to the Nether and when he emerged from it he had lost his healing magicks. Word about that traveled faster than you can say "Fried Chicken"."

"I was the one who saved the Lord of Bright Port."

Laurence: "You were!? What's in the Nether that Sasha would want Castor to go there...?"

"... Castor's magicks! That Weakened Shadow I saw!"

Laurence: "... Do you think, what happened to Lord Burt might possibly happen to Castor? No! This can't be... if that's the case Cadenza might just stay in her current form and Meteli will lose their only magicks user.

Lorena, I hate to ask this of you but we NEED to get to the Nether right now!"

"We?"

Laurence: "Yes, I'm coming with you. You can carry me in a Lasso and take me there. You can use Ungrth here for quick travel. That is if you know a quick way to get there."

"I do, but we're going to have to visit the Werewolf Tribe."

Laurence: "... Is that safe?"

"Yeah, I'm welcomed there. I helped them out once."

Laurence: "All right, just don't introduce me to them yet. I've had run ins with Werewolves and until I get the chance to know them I don't want anything crazy to happen. I ask of you please head there immediately, before it's too late!"

I nod my head and place him into my Lasso. I head over to Ungrth and see him uneasy. I pet him to calm him down.

Ungrth: "The stars are crying... I can sense that your friend is in grave danger... the Shadow is gaining strength from him... Wyverns are sensitive to this feeling... we've felt this before... you need to stop him before he takes your friend's magicks and kills him. Quickly! Let's go!"

I nod and he bends down so I can get on him. I grab his helm and lead him straight to the Werewolf Tribe.

'Please be okay Castor...'

A few minutes later

I arrive to the Werewolf Tribe and see that it has been reconstructed. I carefully set Ungrth on the land. He bends down so I can get off. I give him a peck on the cheek and he says his usual "silly human". I see Bodolf and I run up to him.

Bodolf: "Sister Lorena, long time no see!"

"Sister?"

Bodolf: "Yes, you have done a great service for this tribe we consider you to be a part of our pack."