Ch. 72 ~Pikoro Village~

' - ' ~ Inner thoughts
" - " ~ Dialogue
Letters in Itallic are letters or books.
* - * ~ Sound effects
( - ) ~ Whispering
—————————————

Lorena's POV:

I wasn't able to fall asleep. I didn't want to wake up everyone with my tossing and turning so I carefully got up and quietly walked out of the tent. I walked a little past the fireplace and I look at the sky as I take a deep breath. Being out in the night breeze feels wonderful. It was also getting hot in the tent. I wish I was back home and in my bed while being undressed. I sleep more comfortably that way. But of course I have to be careful. I also can't help but think about Levin. I wonder how he's doing. I hope he's eating well and listening to Zoey. I also hope he's having fun and not missing me too much. As I stand there looking at the moon a flash of an image of the Mysterious Man who saved me comes to my mind.

"I wonder where he is... and if he's safe. He really did save my life, and he was... r-really in good shape t-too. I couldn't see his eyes but his face looks mature and... handsome..."

My cheeks instantly redden and I try to calm myself down by fanning my face with my hands. I then hear footsteps behind me and I turn around to see Garroth walking up to me.

Garroth: "Lord Lorena, what are you doing up so late? This seems to be becoming a common theme for you..."

"I'm just missing Levin..."

Garroth: "I see... rest assured that little Levin does fantastic while you are away. N-NOT TO SAY THAT AS IF HE DOESN'T MISS YOU! Of course he does... while you were gone he asked for you every day - I even taught him to call you "mama"... I'm just saying he has a lot of people in the village who love and care for him. Everyone makes sure Levin doesn't feel alone without you."

"Thanks Garroth, that means a lot."

Garroth: "Heh, I-I'm glad... say, Lorena, there's something I want to talk to you about..."

"I'm all ears."

Garroth: "W-Well, I was uh... I wanted to... I... I just... uh..."

"Yes?"

Garroth: "W-Well, I was thinking... your smile is very bright in the moonlight and... bright... wait, BRIGHT PORT!"

"What about Bright Port?"

Garroth: "I almost forgot Bright Port... Lord Lorena, did Azura tell you of Lord Burt and things that had happened in Bright Port?"

"I think...? Please, remind me."

Garroth: "Bright Port has been on the edge of war with Pikoro Village. Lord Burt was talked into going to settle the matter there by Zane, under the impression that he'd have the protection from one of the Guards from the Jury of Nine... but Azura has not heard one word from Lord Burt since he left - long BEFORE you left with Kiki...

Azura asked Laurence and I to check on Pikoro Village should we happen by it..."

"Hm... is it close by?"

Garroth: "I-I don't know... but I think you and I should go and make sure Burt is okay."

"Why?"

Garroth: "I'm afraid that Zane might be holding him there until he agrees to join the O'Khasis Alliance... which would mean that Zane would have a way to make a small camp near Phoenix Drop and possibly invade..."

We then hear footsteps coming from the camp so we turn to see Laurence walking up beside us.

Laurence: "If anything we should make our own Alliance."