Ch. 34 ~The Wyvern Elder~

' - ' ~ Inner thoughts
" - " ~ Dialogue
Letters in Itallic are letters or books.
* - * ~ Sound effects
—————————————

Lorena's POV:

I carefully go around tree to tree collecting wood. I don't disturb any of the Wyverns so they don't attack. The Old Man said to bring him 3 or 4 stacks but I'm just going to collect 3 because I don't want to take too much from the Wyverns of this realm. My little maid is just behind me placing down torches that I gave her. It takes a while but I finally collect all 3 stack of Wyvern Lair Logs. I decide to explore a little before I leave. I'm walking around noticing patches of water around the land. It's interesting that water can be a resource in this realm. As I'm about to turn around to head back I see a big round cave. I walk up to it and see glow stone surrounding
the inside of the cave and a giant Wyvern standing on a diamond platform with a smaller one next to it. They don't seem to want to harm me so I walk up to the bigger Wyvern. He looks like he's the elder of this realm.

Elder Wyvern: "A mortal here...? Why do you disturb our lair, humans have not set foot on this land for centuries."

"Uh... I'm sorry I came here with help from an old man and a staff and..."

Elder Wyvern: "Wait... you can understand me... and... this old man with a staff... it couldn't be... could it?"

"Huh?"

Elder Wyvern: "Centuries ago Wyverns and Humans were at war, however it was a war that was wrongfully started by the Shadow Lord who lives in the Nether Realm. He attempted to destroy humanity by invoking our wrath. It wasn't until a woman who had the ability to commune with the Wyverns came and exposed the Shadow Lord for who he truly was. However by that time it was too late to stop the war, once the humans had their kind set nothing could stop them. The King at the time continued relentlessly to pursue our realm by sending in warriors of powerful... dark magic. Where he was able to create soldiers of that power still remains unknown to this day. But a wise elder came to me with a proposal, to seal what remained of our world here in this realm..."

"Uh... okay this is a lot to take in..."

Elder Wyvern: "He used a staff to seal the shrine from which you entered. Forever preventing the destruction of both worlds."

"Why are you telling me this?"

Elder Wyvern: "... I tell you this because it has been centuries since a human set foot into this land, much less... a human who could understand our language. It is my firm belief that you are or have the blood of the woman who cleared our hearts from the darkness of the Shadow Lord."

"That's impossible..."

Elder Wyvern: "In all of my years of existence I have learned never to doubt impossibility. I am not comfortable with you in our real human... what brings you here?"

"This old man sent me to gather Wyvern Lair Logs so he can forge a town."

Elder Wyvern: "... Your humor is hilarious but... this cannot be true."

"Why?"

Elder Wyvern: "If a human was seeking to do that then... it is possible that they are trying to break the portal completely open. The only way a human can get to this realm is by using a staff that can only be used three times and only one human can use it at any given time. There are other ways to get here but it requires... sacrifices to be made. In any case I ask you not to help this man you speak of. I don't want to know who he is but... my people suffer to this day from that war. Many of our children still linger in your world and we have no means to bring them back. Please, I ask of you not to fulfill this task or not only will it hurt us but your realm as well."

My eyes widen and the color drains of my face.

'S-So... that old man lied...?'

I don't want these Wyverns to be hurt nor do I want my realm to be hurt so I make my decision.

"I won't do it."

Elder Wyvern: "Thank you. Now please... leave this place."

I nod my head and I'm about to leave when the Wyvern next to the Elder yells for me.

???: "Wait!"

I turn around and I hear the Elder Wyvern look at the Wyvern and hear him mumble under his breath.

Elder Wyvern: "Gaia..."

I turn to her.

"Yes?"

Gaia: "... So it is true, you can commune with us. Word passes fast when you are telepathically connected to your Wyvern-kin. I have a favor to ask of you."

"Okay, but if you eat me..."

Gaia: "Eat you? Don't be silly, I do not eat humans. I am a Royal Golden Wyvern, we only eat gems. Regardless... centuries ago we lost many of our young ones in your realm, Wyverns age much slower than humans do and right now they would be very small, enough to fit on your shoulder. As their mother I ask of you, please if you happen across them... bring them back to me?"

"If I can catch them, then I will."

Gaia: "Praise Fafnir, thank you! In total there are about six missing children. They're all Royal and will all be of a Golden color. I have no idea how they will react to you once they see you, it's been... so many years since I last saw them. If you run into trouble with any of them repeat this to them exactly the way I say it: "Bo hofkiin, mu saraan"

Thank you again."

I nod my head and start walking out of the cave.

'So that man lied... and he wants to break open the portal? I won't allow that."

I start walking to the white structure that I spawned in. This is where I stand to open the portal again. I make sure my stuff are in my inventory and I hold my little maid with my left hand while holding the staff with my right hand.

"Hopefully nothing goes wrong..."

Then I close my eyes...