Feelings

What if Max starts to catch feelings for Lucas again after they have broken up.

(Fluff) (A little Angst)

(During Season 4 Episode 5, when they are in Creel House, looking for clues.)

"Come on." Max says as she grabs Lucas' arm and pulls him over to a room and starts looking around. Lucas is glad that she chose him as her partner, as he thought this would be a good time to get through to her. As they walked away, they could hear Dustin and Steve bickering about absolutely nothing meaningful, and just decided to ignore them.

Running Up That Hill stops playing on Max's Walkman and she stops pacing for a second to rewind it back to the start. Lucas stops walking as well and watches as she looks down at the tape player.

"I wish we had a longer loop." Lucas speaks as Max looks up at him.

"46 minutes isn't bad." She replies, with a small smile and a shrug.

He turns and looks around at the room, moving his flashlight around, before turning back to her when she speaks her next words.

"I think there are bigger concerns." She pauses before carrying on. "Like... what if listening to this over and over... I get sick of it and suddenly it's not my favourite song anymore. Will is still work or... will Kate Bush like... lose her magic power or something?"

"Kate Bush? Never." Lucas says with a shake of his head.

"You're a Kate Bush fan?" Max questions, not expecting that to come out of his mouth.

"Uhh yeah." Lucas responds, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Now I am."

"Really?" Max asks, still in disbelief.

"Yeah, mega fan. She saved your life." Lucas answers, Max was a bit unsure of why Lucas would care if she was alive or not.

"Besides, we're hot on this creep's trail." Lucas says, putting a hand on her right arm and rubbing it comfortingly. " We're gonna find Vecna and kill him, before he even thinks about messing with you again, alright."

Max doesn't know what to say to that, but luckily Lucas goes to the piano, before she can find something to say.

"In fact, I bet if we hit these suckers in the right combo, we might just open a door to his secret lair." He says with a smile, motioning towards the instrument as Max follows with a small smile as well.

He plays a bunch of random notes together and laughs. "Voila." Max's smile grows wider and she comments.

"You're such a dork. I thought you were like... one of the cool kids now."

"I'm not cool." Lucas replies as he pretends to make an offended face and for the first time in months, Max laughs. A real, genuine laugh and not a fake or sarcastic one. It is like music to his ears.

"I've really missed that." He tells her as he smiles to himself.

"Missed what?" She asks in confusion.

"Your laugh." He reveals. She is at total loss for words so leans in to kiss him instead, as she can't explain her feelings in words. He is surprised when she does this but kisses her back, and realises how much he has missed this feeling. She pulls away and feels her face turning red as he smiles at her.

"You know, I never stopped having feelings for you." She divulges, making his eyes widen, as he thought she got tired of him. "I just kept denying them. I just had too much shit going on in my life and I didn't want to dump it all on you. I should've reached out more, because then we wouldn't be in this mess, so I'm sorry."

"Max, don't apologise, you were going through a lot, I understand that. I think that you should've reached out more, but this is not your fault, ok. I get why you didn't talk to me, just if you have a problem, from on, please talk to me." He says holding her hands. She nods and strokes his fingers with her own as she realises how much she has missed him comforting her.

"Kiss me." She says to him and he doesn't need to be told twice to do so. His hands let go of hers, as they move down lower and lower to her waist and pull her closer. One of her hands travels to his cheek as the other one rests on his chest as they kiss each other, all of their feelings and emotions being poured into it, trying to make up for the lost time. They pull away for a few times to catch their breaths before going back in before finally finishing. Max hugs Lucas tightly as she starts to cry on his chest, and he rubs her back comfortingly and just lets her emotions break free. After a few minutes, Max stops her tears and gives a soft smile to Lucas, just telling him how grateful she is that he is there with her. Lucas says that he is grateful to have her in his life which turns her into a blushing mess.

"You're so cheesy, Stalker." She comments, which makes him laugh. Suddenly, they see a flicker of light by the lamp, letting them know Vecna is there and carry on with the investigation.

A/N: Thank you for the idea, max4str

I hope you liked it, even though it's short.