Chapter 18: Sunset Proposal

When Sophie got back with the fish and chips she put them down and went to check on Keefe.

"Hey Foster! How'd it go?" Keefe asked her when she knocked on his door. She closed the door behind her and flopped on the bed, snuggling into Keefe before answering.

"Terrible. He was lying to me until I practically told him what happened."

"What did he say happened?" Keefe asked

"He told me you said you would be sad to see him go back to Orange," Sophie was so annoyed at Grady she could still hear it in her voice. "I love you, you know that?"

"Yes Fos- nope. I need to be serious right now - Sophie, I know you love me. And you know I love you too right?"

"Yes Sencen, I know you love me. I brought the fish and chips. We should probably go back out before our friends eat them all."

"Just one thing first," Keefe told her making Sophie wonder what else he could want to say. Then he kissed her with all the love in the world. "I'll be back in just a moment." When he came back in he had brought some fish and chips. "I'm not feeling well, remember?" Sophie laughed.

"Give me some of those. And you forgot the most important part of the experience!"

And what is that?" Keefe asked

"Sunset on the strand!" Sophie told him. "Come on. We can sneak out the back. Go to our favourite spot. I'll be there in a second. I just have to grab the coke," Keefe snuck out the back door and Sophie grabbed her phone. She went to the shop attached to the caravan park Grady was staying in and grabbed one 1.25 litre bottle of coke. When she got down to the beach she saw that Keefe had written something in the sand. He must have run here because there was no way he could have walked and had time to write that. He had written: SOPHIE ELIZABETH FOSTER, WILL YOU LET ME SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE WITH YOU? He was on one knee staring at her with a look of pure hope reminding her of the day before. She decided to say the exact same thing in reply.

"YES! YES! YES! A MILLION TIMES YES!" Sophie yelled at him running over to him and kissing him. When she pulled away she pulled her phone out of her pocket and took a photo of the question in the sand.