Chapter 20: Beach Conversations

When they got back to Sophie's house everyone was awake. She was surprised to see Tam and Linh were still there. Sophie had expected they wouldn't want to stay.

"What is Bangs Boy still doing here?" Keefe demanded.

"Oh! We stayed longer than we were welcome, didn't we? Come on Tam let's go." Linh panicked.

"No! You're welcome here as long as you want! At least stay for breakfast." Sophie told her. "Look Keefe and I brought breakfast for everyone!" She walked into the kitchen and put the Coke bottle she had been carrying with her since last night in the bin labelled R&E which meant that if she Return And Earn which was a system where every bottle you cash in is worth 10 cents but not everything can be cashed in so it was surprising how fast her bin fills up. "Come on! Eat something!" Biana grabbed her hand and dragged her into Sophie's bedroom.

"Where did you go last night?" Biana demanded.

"To check on Keefe." Sophie half lied. "I fell asleep on Keefe's bed while I was checking on him, we both woke up early this morning and decided to go for a walk and get breakfast." The only untrue part of that was that she fell asleep in Keefe's room. Yes, she went to check on Keefe, yes they both woke up early that morning, yes she fell asleep with Keefe, yes they decided to go for a walk and get breakfast, no none of that happened in Keefe's room. Biana let it go.

"Hey Foster, have a Blitzenberry Muffin! They are so good!" Keefe yelled at her. Blitzenberry Muffins were normal muffins except the blueberries were blitzed down to mush instead of whole. When everyone had finished breakfast Tam and Linh went home, Dex asked Biana to go on a walk along the beach with him, Fitz decided that, if Sophie would let him, he would just watch some TV and Keefe asked Sophie to go on a walk with him along the beach in the opposite direction of Dex and Biana.

"Foster?" Keefe asked her when they stopped under a palm tree to get some shade.

"Hmm?"

"Did you mean what you said earlier? About wanting to marry me one day?"

"Depends. Do you want me to have meant it?" Sophie asked. Truthfully the real answer was yes but she also meant what she said about not wanting to pressure Keefe into anything. Sophie hadn't seen the problem in what she said though. Keefe had also said he didn't want to pressure her so he said,

"Depends. Do you want to have meant it?" He mimicked her voice perfectly.

"Look. I know I said I am never going to pressure you into anything but I know that if I don't give you a real answer right now this loop is going to go on forever so, yes. I meant it. I want to marry you one day." Sophie told him.

"Good. I want to marry you one day too." Keefe replied and kissed her with all the love in the world.