Chapter 11: Airport Reunions

"Come on Keefe! How long does it take to do your hair?! Dex will be here in an hour and we still have to get to the airport!" Sophie and Biana had been ready to go to the airport at 9 because they planned to leave at 9:30 but Keefe had decided that his hair wasn't perfect enough just as they were about to walk out of the door and it was now ten.

"Done!" Keefe announced. He was wearing a blue shirt that said 'THE PERSON WEARING ME IS THE DICTIONARY DEFINITION OF AWESOMENESS'. Sophie was wearing s shirt that Dex had made for her with a photo of them sitting on the rocks at Alma Bay, smiling, laughing and just being best friends. And Biana had somehow found a uniform from her old primary school. Sophie had never known that she too was from Orange but the name of the school was Orange East Public School. Sophie had never gone to primary school in Orange after she had been adopted but she knew a lot about it from Dex and playing in the park across the road from it and going to the cafe across the road as well. Somehow the old uniform from four years ago still fit her.

Once they finally got to the airport they saw that Dex's plane was just landing. Biana had a plan to surprise Dex so she stayed at the car leaning against it while Sophie and Keefe went in to wait for Dex. Since the luggage claim carousel already had some bags on it she checked on it every few seconds waiting to see if she recognised any as Dex's. Then she saw the one she had given him when he moved to Tamworth. She quickly grabbed it before it kept going and she missed it. Just as she got back to Keefe the passengers of the flight started unboarding and Dex must have been in the front row because he was third off the plane. The second he was inside Sophie ran over to him and hugged him as hard as she could.

"Wow. I always forget how strong you are," Dex said making her loosen her grip on him but not let go. She wasn't ready yet. When she finally pulled away and she gave the introductions.

"Dex this is Keefe and Keefe this is Dex. I decided to only bring Keefe to meet you. The other friend I was going to bring would have been too much to handle the moment you get in after a long flight." She felt bad saying this since she had brought Biana. And she was going to be a lot more than 'hard to handle'. She was outside leaning against a car wearing her old primary school uniform ready to practically give Dex a heart attack. Dex immediately saw his other bag and grabbed it asking,

"Ready to go?"

"Yep," Sophie answered biting her lip a little to stop herself from telling Dex that she had a friend outside leaning against her car so she imagined saying it which made her feel better.

Once they got outside Sophie led them to her car giving Biana a small glare. Once Keefe was in her sight he rolled his eyes at Biana but Dex just froze. It looked like he couldn't move talk or speak.

"Biana? Biana Vacker?" Dex finally asked. Biana nodded and answered'

"Dex. Dex Dizznee." Then she walked up to him and hugged him and hugged him. He looked like he wanted to hug her back but he was still frozen from shock.

Is my writing getting any better? It feels better. And yes, I do know that talking and speaking are the same thing but it was the first thing that came into my head and I thought it sounded better than the other things I came up with so I left it. And I am sorry for the cliffhangers I sometimes have. They are all slightly accidental. The reason for them is that I start thinking of the start of the next chapter to figure out how to finish the one I am writing and if it starts as a continuation of a cliffhanger then I need a cliffhanger for the end of the chapter. But because I have my chapters pre-written and the publication scheduled for 4:00 pm daily they are not as mean as some. This chapter has been written for eight days -I wrote this on the 22nd and the 23rd of August-. And since this chapter will be out on the 1st of September, happy back to Hogwarts day to any Harry Potter fans  and happy first day of spring (or autumn if you are from the northern hemisphere) to everyone