Chapter 34: Friendship Games

"How was it?" Keefe asked when Sophie knocked on his door after her talk with Edaline.

"A lot better than my last talk with Grady. A bit embarrassing is all. I told her about us and she got rather ... embarrassing is the best word for it." Sophie admitted.

"Well, she hasn't rung me yelling at me to leave you alone so I'll take that as a good thing." Keefe scrunched his face up like he was remembering his 'chat' with Grady.

"Actually she was super happy for us. That's what made it so embarrassing. She was too happy for us." Sophie told him. They talked for another half an hour before Linh and Wylie came back.

"Tam told me to tell you that you have to go home now that you're back Linh," Sophie told her on Tam's orders.

"I had better go then. Sorry, Wylie. I really enjoyed the walk." Linh said before leaving.

"You can stay for a while if you'd like. I'd like to get to know you better anyway." Sophie offered Wylie.

"Yeah. Thanks. So how do you know Tam and Linh?" Wylie asked.

"I don't really. One of my friends was dared to invite Linh over last night and Tam just followed," Sophie admitted.

"Then why are you trusting her to bring strangers into your home?"

"Well I trust my friends to only invite someone over if they are trustable so I trusted Linh to invite you over because she was invited over by one of my best friends. I also didn't know until you arrived. What about you? How do you know them?"

"Well Linh and I were in the same class a few years ago and we got paired up by the teacher and that pairing turned into a long lasting friendship and you can't be friends with Linh without seeing Tam a lot. And the Vackers. They don't often let people into their bubble. How'd you manage that so quickly?" Wylie asked

"I made friends with Keefe on my first day at Foxfire and he's best friends with Fitz so I got in through Keefe's hole. Then I dragged Dex and Marella with me through that hole." Sophie told him.

"I've been meaning to ask about Dex. How do you know him? I've never seen him around Foxfire."

"He's my adoptive cousin. We've known each other since we were little. Sorry. I just have to check this." Sophie said as she got a text marked as spam and one from Biana. The text from Biana said:

Hey Soph! Linh texted you ten minutes ago but you didn't answer! I know your phone marks unknown numbers as spam so I will tell you her number and you check your spam for it. It's 0427 984 719

Sophie texted Biana back:

How does Linh have my number?

Biana replied in half a second.

I gave it to her

Sophie checked her spam and there was indeed a text from the number Biana gave her.

Hi. So I know we don't know each other well but could you ask Wylie if he likes me? Not in the friend way ~Linh Song

Sure

Sophie added Linh to her contacts right away. She could tell they could be good friends.

LONG CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!