Chapter 14: Crushes Revealed

Sophie had heard of Linh Song before but she had never met her. She supposed she went to Foxfire or she had gone to the same primary school as Fitz. She was forced back to reality by Fitz saying,

"What about you Marella?" Marella didn't seem to be at all embarrassed by this question which made sense when she gave her answer.

"I don't have one." Everyone seemed to believe her since she wasn't into that kind of thing.

"Dex? Who's your crush?"

"Pass," Biana accepted the pass and went back to annoying Marella

"Okay guys let's move on. Truth or dare?" Everyone answered dare so Sophie asked them, "Invite your crush to the sleepover and if you don't have one or your crush is already here you have to go and tell Grady something you know he won't want to hear. It doesn't have to be true. No telling him we're dating." Sophie added the last part as a whisper so only Keefe would hear.

"Got it Lady Fos-Boss," Dex answered. She had forgotten about that nickname. He had to say it when Keefe was within earshot. Now she was going to endure never ending teasing.

"LADY FOS-BOSS?! WHY HAVE YOU NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT LADY FOS-BOSS?!" Keefe shouted.

"I didn't tell you because I had forgotten about that nickname. Dex is the only one who calls me that. It came from the one year we went to the same school. I was made the captain of everything we did because I was very reliable in getting everyone doing the right thing handing stuff in on time doing it well and just making sure everything was how the teachers wanted it but also not being controlling, bossy or someone no one wants to be around. Dex decided that all those captainships meant I needed to get called Lady Fos-Boss." Sophie explained. "Now go and do your dare."

Dex Marella and Keefe left to go and do their dare and surprisingly Biana followed. Fitz was the only one left. He asked Sophie if he could go into another room to do his dare. She understood that he probably wanted to talk to this Linh girl in private so she led him to her room. When she got back to the lounge room she saw that Biana Marella and Dex were already back. She wondered where Keefe was. That was when he came running through the door yelling like a crazy person and his arms flying around like ribbons tied to a fan pointing to the roof.

"Lock the door! Grady's going to kill me!" Keefe yelled so Sophie locked the door wondering what Keefe could have said to make Grady this angry. She dragged him into one of the spare bedrooms.

"What did you tell Grady?! Please don't tell me you told him we're dating." Sophie needed to find out what Keefe said to figure out how to calm Grady down.

"I didn't tell him we're dating exactly. I just told him that I'm in love with you." Keefe told her. She stood up and walked out of the room.

"Stay here," she told him. This level of anger from Grady meant locking all the doors. She knew Grady might take a few days to calm down so when she went back into the bedroom she told Keefe,

"You're staying here until Grady goes back to Orange. If you want something from your house I will get it for you." Keefe's answer made her heart break.

"Are you mad at me for telling Grady that I love you?" Keefe seemed so sad that before she answered she wrapped him in a kissed him.

"No Keefe. I'm not mad at you. If I'm mad at anyone it's Grady for reacting like that. Now come on. Let's go back to the others." She grabbed his hand and took him back out to the rest of their friends.

That was a long chapter! Is my writing getting any better?