Chapter 39: Ditching Together

When midterms were over Sophie kept her promise. She had let Keefe ditch every class except for art. He was happy to do art though.

"This has been the second best week Foster," Keefe told her on the Friday of the first week after midterms.

"What was the best week?" Sophie asked even though she was fairly certain she knew.

"The week you kissed me for the first time. I have never been happier than that week."

"Neither have I." Sophie checked the time and realised they were going to be late for Foxfire, "Keefe we have to go. It's eight fourty! We're going to be late!" Sophie especially wanted to be on time today because this was going to be the day she revealed the second part of her promise to let him ditch.

"Relax Foster. No one will care if you're five minutes late. It's just assembly anyway and I'm ditching so no one will notice." Oh, how wrong Keefe was. Everyone noticed.

"Well I had better go to maths before I'm late for that too," Sophie told him. Keefe nodded and wandered to his usual ditching spot. "Oh how simple this is," Sophie muttered to herself. She had decided to leave her surprise until Friday because Friday was the day she disliked the most. The only good class she had on Fridays were cooking which just happened to be at the same time as Keefe's art. She was going to ditch five classes today to make up for none through the week but for the month she was only doing one a day.

"Hey, Keefe!" Sophie said when she got to his ditching spot.

"Foster? I thought you had maths! What are you doing here? Did I miss the bell?" Keefe checked his watch (he didn't have a watch).

"I'm ditching with you," Sophie said simply and sat down next to him.

"Why? What's going on? You never ditch! Foster, you're scaring me."

"Well, I felt really bad for forcing you to do homework during midterms but I needed you to do that so I came up with the idea to let you ditch all month except one class a day. I was going to surprise you with that on Monday but you were so sad on Wednesday last week so I told you that. But I still wanted to surprise you so I made another promise to myself to ditch with you at least once every day for the month. I forgot about it until today so I didn't do it but now here I am. Ditching one class with you." Sophie decided to leave out that she was also going to be ditching sport, history, English and Japanese language with him on that day so she could surprise him with those.

"You're the best girlfriend ever, you know that?" Keefe asked before hugging her as tightly as possible and kissing her.

Four days in a row I have written these chapters at 2 pm!