Chapter 30: Unannounced Visitors

The next day Sophie and Keefe went back to Townsville. Sophie really hoped all their friends had gone home but then she remembered about Dex and that he lived with her. When they got to her house and went into the kitchen. She saw a note on the bench in Dex's writing.

Saw your note. Got it. See you later. Went to get breakfast. Tam, Linh, Fitz, Biana and Marella will be coming at 10. Sorry for the short notice!

"I wonder why everyone is coming over," Sophie said

"Yeah. Kind of weird isn't it? Should I just go home? I mean, I'm obviously not invited." He had already started to leave. Sophie blocked him.

"No way are you going home if you don't want to. You have a permanent invitation here. You're welcome if you come barging in for no reason in the middle of the night so unless you actually want to go home you're staying here." Sophie told Keefe and he went into the lounge room taking his shoes off on the way and got comfortable on her couch. "I will be back in a minute." Sophie went to Keefe's house and got him some clothes for him to put on. No one knew that he had gone to Magnetic Island with her so she needed to sell the story that he had been home so she got him a full change.

"Put these on. Now. Or Dex will get back and ask why we're in our swimmers." He didn't move so she tried threatening him with an empty threat. "Keefe put those on or I will send you back to your house." That made him jump up and run to his room in her house. She went to her own room and got changed.

"You got me my least favourite shirt," Keefe said.

"Do you want me to get you a different one?" Sophie asked feeling bad that she had gotten him his least favourite shirt. "Actually, never mind. I am getting you another shirt. How's the one that says that you're the dictionary definition of awesome?"

"My favourite," Keefe answered. Five minutes Sophie came back with the shirt. She saw that Keefe was writing something. He hadn't noticed her coming back so she walked up behind him and looked over his shoulder and saw that he wasn't writing. He was drawing in his diary. The picture was surprising. He had said he never drew things that had actually happened in his diary but this had happened. Just that morning in fact. It was the moment when she had woken him up with a kiss. That was when she realised that this wasn't his diary. The picture was on the wrong side of the page.

"Do you like it?" Keefe asked making her embarrassed that he knew she had been looking at his private drawing without his permission.

"Y-yeah. It's amazing." Sophie told him. She expected him to say something like not as amazing as me though right? but instead, he said,

"Not as amazing as you though." And kissed her.

A few minutes later the doorbell rang and Sophie guessed it was her friends. After telling Keefe to change shirt she went and answered the door. It wasn't any of their friends though.

I think that is the longest chapter so far! Who do you think the visitor is?