Chapter 9: Seaside Confessions

"YES! YES! YES! A MILLION TIMES YES!" Sophie yelled it so loud she covered her mouth with her hand worried that Grady might have heard her. Then she realised they were ten minutes away from the caravan park. Keefe put the ring on her finger, stood up and kissed her. It was the best kiss they had ever had.

Once they got to Tobin's Sophie ordered their fish and chips. When they got back to the beach they sat down on some rocks just next to the sea. When they finished Keefe picked Sophie up and ran into the water.

"No! Keefe! No! Don't you dare drop me!" She was trying to sound serious but failing miserably since she couldn't stop laughing. Keefe, ignoring her yells dropped her in the water and swam away. Sophie hadn't grown up near the water so her eyes weren't toughened against the salt water of the ocean so it took her a while to find Keefe and attack him. He had obviously been expecting her to take longer than she did because he was just floating on his back with his eyes closed. She thought he looked so peaceful so all she did was ask,

"Watcha thinkin' about?" But that was enough to give her the satisfaction of a big fright. She nearly fell over laughing at him flailing and flopping around trying to get back on his feet at the same time as trying to find her.

"You look - like a fish - on land -" she said between laughs.

"Are you trying to kill the love of your life?" Keefe asked her making her blush at the use of the words 'the love of your life'. "Not denying it are you Foster?" She splashed him.

"Oh. I see. You want to be defeated by the splash master. Okay get ready to be embarrassingly defeated in public," she splashed him again. He splashed her and turned it into another splash war reminding her of the day before when they had confessed their feelings to each other which made her stop splashing him, swam over and kissed him again wondering how this could possibly be real. By the time she pulled away, she was probably blushing more than ever. She had just kissed him for absolutely no reason. In public. But she didn't regret it at all. Until she heard a familiar voice behind her.

"OH MY GOD! YOU TWO ARE A THING! FINALLY! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT FOR SO LONG!" Biana shouted making half the beach look at them. She blushed again. "When did this happen?" Biana demanded.

"Well, Foster here told me yesterday how much she couldn't stand being away from me and I thought to myself 'well ... she wouldn't be too bad ... she is pretty adorable -" Sophie cut him off before he could make her blush any more than he already had.

"Okay. Now you get the truth. I got to step three of my plan - throw him in the water at Alma Bay - and when he took his blindfold off he immediately found me whispered that it was amazing and then kissed me. When he pulled away he told me he loves me and started rambling so I cut him off, told him I love him too and kissed him again. A few minutes later we got into a splash war that went on for a few hours. I checked the time and realised we had missed the last ferry back here, booked us into Arcadia Village, slept in until lunch today, shared a few major secrets, came back prepared to be killed by Grady, he told us you had told him that whatever lie you told him - I can't remember it now - and also that he has to go home next week, let us go, we decided to get some fish and chips from Tobin's, walked along the beach to get there, had them, had some splash war time again and then you came and interrupted me kissing him." Sophie wasn't sure why she gave Biana so many details - she definitely hadn't meant to - but she was glad someone other than her and Keefe knew the truth.

"Woah Foster! That was -" He was cut off by Sophie's phone ringing. She checked who it was and saw that she should probably answer it.

"Sorry guys. I had better take this. It's probably important." Sophie told her friends.

"Why? Who is it?" Biana asked

"Oh. You wouldn't know him," Sophie responded realising it was a mistake when Keefe said in a sing-song voice,

"Oooh. Foster's got a boyfriend."

"Yes. I do. You. And if you want it to stay that way you will shut up right now." Sophie said meaner than she had meant it to. She had meant it as a joke but it came out as a threat. "I'm sorry. It was meant to come out as a joke. My anxiety has just been set off by this call. He doesn't normally call me unless it's important. I'll be back."

"Who is it?" Keefe asked again.

"I'll tell you after. I shouldn't keep him waiting for too long in case it's important," Sophie walked off and called the number on her screen back.

Any guesses who it might be? And I think that is the longest chapter this story will have but I have already said this so who knows? Maybe there will be one twice the length of this one