Chapter 10: A Surprise Reunion

"Hey, Dex! What's up?" Sophie asked when Dex nearly immediately picked up his Duo call.

"Hey, Soph! You can stop your panicking now. I didn't call you for any kind of emergency. I just called to tell you that I am moving up with you tomorrow!"

"Tomorrow?! I thought you were still in Tamworth until next week!" Sophie yelled excitedly.

"Well, that was the plan and Mum and Dad will come up next week but they thought I should give myself more time to settle in before Foxfire starts in a few weeks and I agreed," Dex explained.

"Do you have anywhere to stay? What time does your flight get in?" Sophie had always been very over-excitable and anxious making it easy for her to turn annoying without realising.

"No, I don't have anywhere to stay. I was hoping I could stay with you for a while. And my flight gets in at morning tea." De answered stopping her from asking any more questions, "The flight stop over is Sydney so it will count as a flight from Sydney. It's a Jetstar flight and I arrive at terminal 2," Dex answered all the questions in her head without her even saying them.

"Of course, you can stay with me! And I will pick you up from the airport. And I will bring a few of my new friends for you to meet." Sophie thought Keefe and Dex would be good friends. They both loved mischief and pranking people. She also thought he would like Biana, though she wasn't sure why.

"I had better go before the triplets come and annoy you but I will see you tomorrow. Can't wait to meet your friends."

"See you tomorrow." When she finished the call she went back over to Biana and Keefe and put on her best worried and upset face, which wasn't hard since she had a photographic memory and extreme anxiety. She just had to think of a memory where she was feeling both of those things at the same time.

"Hey, Foster. What's wrong?" Keefe asked looking really worried about her and she suddenly felt really bad about her prank.

"Tricked you! That was actually a really nice call. It was Dex - my adoptive cousin - calling to say that he will be getting here a week early. He arrives here tomorrow morning and he will be staying with me for a while. And you two are coming with me to pick him up from the airport." Sophie noticed Biana's face looked really confused.

"What's Dex's last name?" Biana asked making Sophie wonder why she wanted to know.

"... Dizznee. Why?"

"Oh my god! Dex Dizznee! Dex Dizznee is coming here tomorrow?!" Biana yelled. Every word she said was making Sophie more and more confused.

"Yeah ... Dex Dizznee is coming here tomorrow. Why are you so ... whatever you are about it? Sophie asked slowly.

"Dex and I were best friends in primary school then he moved away to Tamworth just before year 6. I had actually started to get a crush on him. You didn't say who you were bringing to the airport tomorrow, did you? I want to surprise him. I wonder if I still fit into my old uniform..."