Chapter 31: Morning Gathering

"Hello. Who - who are you?" Sophie asked the person standing in her doorway. He had dark skin making his bright blue eyes stand out.

"Oh sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. I am Wylie Endal. Is Linh Song here? She asked me to come over." So this was the guy Linh had a crush on. But why was he here? Shouldn't he check Linh's house first?

"No. Sorry. She will be here soon though. Would you like to come in and wait? I have tea." Sophie wasn't fully comfortable letting a complete stranger into her house but she would be watching him the whole time and she had some power in her kicks, punches and smacks. She could make him feel pain if she wanted to. She had plenty of ways to protect herself if she needed to. A few minutes later Tam and Linh arrived. Linh seemed shocked but not surprised to see Wylie.

"Hey Wylie," Linh said shyly.

"Hey Linh. Why did you ask me to come over? I don't think this is your house, is it?" Wylie asked.

"No. It's not Linh's house. It's mine." Sophie answered.

"And I invited you as a dare. One of Sophie's friends dared everyone to invite their ... friends over so I invited you." Linh answered. Sophie could tell she wasn't dared to invite a friend over by the pause in her sentence but she didn't say anything.

"Would anyone like some tea?" Sophie asked.

"Don't you think we should wait for the others to come back with breakfast?" Linh suggested. Just as the front door opened. Sophie assumed it was Dex and Biana meaning the only people left to come would be Fitz and Marella. Sure enough, Dex announced himself in his usual way.

"We have arrived with the Blitzenberry that everyone loves!" Dex often refused to talk like a normal person and would instead talk with a few funny sentences that made everyone laugh.

"I will start the tea when the others get here," Sophie told everyone. At that moment she heard a knock on the door. She answered the door and saw Fitz. Sophie was desperate for a tea so she hoped Marella would arrive soon. Luckily she arrived just a moment later so she started the kettle.

This isn't a very good way to get Wylie in but I had to do it somehow