Chapter 47: Guardianship Confrontations

About an hour later Edaline called.

"How'd it go," Sophie and Keefe asked at the same time.

"Alright. Grady's going to fly up there in a few weeks though to have a long chat with Keefe. I'm sure he'll be alright after that though. He didn't seem too mad." Edaline said,

"Well I'd better not mess up the interview with the Gradinator," Keefe joked. 

"It's not an interview. He's just a little overprotective of Sophie."

"A little is putting it lightly," Sophie said.

"Maybe, but he's just doing what he thinks is best."

"Whatever it is you want to call it, I'd better not mess it up," Keefe said.

A few days later Grady arrived in Townsville. Keefe had been acting strangely since he found out he'd be having a one on one conversation with Grady.

"You ready for this?" Sophie asked.

"No, but I have to be. It'll be fine," he answered.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. Trust me Foster."

When Grady arrived at Sophie's house she decided to go for a walk leaving them alone.

********** ONE OFF KEEFE'S POINT OF VIEW **********

Keefe had been waiting for this all week and he still wasn't ready but he would do whatever it took to be with Sophie.

"So, you want to be with Sophie?" Grady asked him.

"I do."

"I have some questions," Grady said. "First. Why do you want to be with Sophie."

"Because I love her. More than anything." Anyone looking at Keefe when he said that would have to be blind not to be able to tell how much he meant it. "And she loves me too."

"Why do you love her?"

"She's perfect. Everything about her. Her personality, her humour, her laugh, her voice, everything." He obviously meant it.

"If she didn't like you back what would you do?" Grady asked.

"I would be sad but I wouldn't do anything. I would do whatever she wanted me to do. If she wanted me to leave her alone forever, I would, if she wanted to be friends but nothing more, I would push my feelings away for her. I never want to do anything to hurt her. In any way."

"If she broke up with you?"

"I would ask why and probably need some time for myself but I wouldn't say anything. And I would ask if we can still be friends."

"If she said no?"

"I would never talk to her again unless she spoke to me first."

"One more thing," Grady said.

"What is it?" Keefe asked, seriously worried but not showing it.

"If you hurt her in any way, I will make sure you regret it. Agreed?"

"I would hate myself for hurting her at all. I would never, but yes. Agreed," Keefe was more serious than he had ever been.

"As much as I hate to say this, Sophie really loves you. And you seem to treat her right so, I suppose, I have to let you be together." Keefe let out a huge sigh of relief.

"Thank you. I won't you or her down."

"But remember, anything you do to hurt her, will haunt you forever."

Short but finally done. Well...only three more chapters until this is over. Even though I never get to update I am sad it will be over soon. While I was updating every day I was getting to not enjoy writing this but now that it's very rare I'm enjoying it again but it's getting to a place where I should stop. It's getting very long and every chapter it's getting shorter and worse quality. 47 chapters down 3 to go. I hope you've been enjoying it so far however much it sucks or how short the chapters are!