Chapter 41: Ditching Bonds

Over the next week, Keefe was happier to be at Foxfire than he had ever been. He was so happy about ditching everything but art and getting an hour every day of Sophie ditching time in the afternoon and that happiness made Sophie realise she had done the right thing with this promise. They were now two weeks into their promise.

"Foster?" Keefe asked one day while they were ditching.

"Yeah?"

"I love you." Was all Keefe said.

"I love you too Keefe."

"I wish this wasn't going to end soon. I love ditching with you." Keefe seemed a little upset but also super happy as he said this.

"I never thought I would say this but I love ditching with you too," Sophie told Keefe.

"I wish we could do this for the rest of the year. Not specifically the ditch everything but the ditch together every day."

"Keefe?" Sophie had come up with a plan she thought he would really like.

"Yeah?" Keefe seemed worried about what she was going to say.

"If you pass the finals this year I will ditch one class a week with you for the whole year for your final year." Sophie didn't want to think about it but next year was Keefe's final year at Foxfire. He was in year eleven and she was in year ten. He would be graduating next year and going off to university - which he luckily wouldn't have to leave home for - and she would be stuck at Foxfire for a year without him.

"Hey, Foster. You okay? You look like you're about to cry." Keefe should have been excited but instead, he was worried about her. He really was the best boyfriend ever.

"Because I am. You're graduating next year and ... I'm not ready for you to leave. I know you have a deal with your dad that you can stay in Townsville as long as you go to JCU but ... I can't imagine Foxfire without you. You are the best boyfriend ever. But anyway you should be happy. As long as you pass finals you can have one ditch with me for a year." Sophie said sniffing and wiping away her tears.

Anyone find a reference in that chapter? If you did what was it and where? And what was it from? Anyway. I have some bad news for you. I hate writing this now so I am going to write nine more chapters (get you up to 50) and then this is over. Sorry. I just feel really pressured to finish writing every chapter on time and every day and I can't deal with that kind of pressure so I'm really sorry but a few more and then nothing