Chapter 5: Lunchtime Reckoning

When Sophie woke up her first thoughts were:

"Why am I in Arcadia Village?" She hadn't meant to or even realised that she had said it out loud but Keefe answered her anyway.

"Because you couldn't stand to be away from me, miss Sleepyhead. It's nearly lunchtime."

"LUNCHTIME?!" Sophie yelled immediately putting her hand over her mouth and using the other to turn her phone on and sure enough it said 12:55 pm. Well, this was the last time she was ever going anywhere. Grady was going to kill her. She had told him she would be back on the first ferry of the day.

"We can't go back on the same ferry. Grady would kill you if he's waiting for me. I will go first and you go an hour later. How's that?" Sophie thought out loud adding a question at the end so she didn't have to say it again.

"Why an hour?" Keefe asked.

"Well because I am adopted it would be legal for me to go out with Dex as more than a friend and Grady thought that I liked him and me and some friends and Dex came here. Grady didn't have a problem with all the others apart from Dex and the others got tired and went home earlier. Me and Dex lost track of time and missed the time we had said we would be home by and Grady had been at the ferry station for ages before we got there and he got really annoyed at Dex because he thought we were going out and he kind of decided that I couldn't be with boys on my own anymore so the only way I got him to agree to this was because I said Biana and Marella would be here as well. He does not need to know how not useful they would be getting distracted by every shop and letting us have lots of alone time. I actually nearly brought them so I wasn't telling any lies but I decided it wasn't worth it since they would have distracted me from telling you my feelings and just getting in the way of our date." Sophie rambled.

"Oookaaay. I really shouldn't get on Grady's bad side. And who is this 'Dex'?" Keefe seemed a little worried by that story.

"He's my adoptive cousin. Edaline's sister's son. You would really like him. He doesn't live here but he's moving up in a few weeks. We were best friends before I had to move up here. Grady and Edaline don't live here either. Grady just helped me move up but Edaline was too busy with work. That's why you haven't met her." Sophie could not stop rambling today but it was getting her some nice time with Keefe and all this information was going to have to come out eventually. But that was when she realised she didn't know much about Keefe. If she was going to be allowed to hang out with him she was going to have to learn a lot more about him.

"What about your parents? What are they like?" She thought that would be a good start. Until Keefe answered.

So I know I said I hate these but I need to explain a few things. 

1. If I say Maggie or Maggie Island I am talking about Magnetic Island. 

2. The reason Dex was only just mentioned is that when I was writing the list of friends a few chapters ago I forgot about Dex. Sorry, Dex.

3. The reason Grady and Edaline don't live in Townsville is I needed to make it easier for Sophie to go out with Keefe

4. Townsville is the city that Magnetic Island is off

5. Arcadia Village is actually called Arcadia Village Motel which is where I always stay when I go to Magnetic Island

6. The reason there is so much talking is because that is all I am good at writing

Also, happy national dog day to any Australian dog lovers. The 26th of August is national dog day in Australia. For the rest of the world's dog lovers happy 2 month late world dog day which is on the 29th of July