Chapter 24: Beachside Dreams

Sophie walked back into her house and saw that Fitz must have gone home because the TV was off so she wrote a quick note saying,

Keefe's not feeling well and is sleeping at home (please do not wake him up) and I have gone to Maggie to do some photography

When she finished the note she got changed into her swimmers and grabbed her photography stuff. When she went back into her front yard Keefe was waiting for her with a beach bag hanging off his shoulder.

"Got your drawing stuff?" Sophie asked him.

"Yup. Got your photography stuff?" He asked her

"Yup. Let's go."

"You really want to do this just to make that scene I imagined five weeks ago happen? There's no other reason?" Keefe asked her.

"Well, there is another reason. Two actually," Before Keefe could ask what those reasons were she added, "The first and most important other reason is, I love you. The second reason is, I want that moment to happen as well. It is so beautiful. That's why I brought my camera." It was completely true. She was doing it because she wanted it to be true for him because she loved him but she did also want it to be true for herself because that moment was just so beautiful. When they got to Magnetic Island they went straight to Arcadia Bay since it was only lunchtime and Alma Bay was only a tiny little beach in Arcadia Bay.

"What do you want to do?" Keefe asked her.

"How about we go to that Rock Wallbabies thing? We haven't done that yet." Sophie suggested. She knew they both loved wallabies and all you had to do was appear but it was recommended to buy some snacks for them from the news agency and since it was right next to Alma Bay they wouldn't miss the sunset even if they were they for a few hours.

"Okay. That sounds great. Let's get some treats for them. But before we do anything, can I show you something?" Keefe asked.

"Of course!" Sophie answered.

"Can we go to a cafe or something? It might take a while. Maybe Aqua In Arcadia. There's not much around here." When Sophie agreed they walked to the cafe Keefe had mentioned. When they got there Sophie was surprised by what Keefe had wanted to show her.