𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫

"You know who's perfect for you?"

"My fiancé?"

"Nope, she sucks!"

At least Asher realized to apologize for that but considering that he was just trying to hook him up with another woman, he didn't know how apologetic he really was.

The fact that his brothers disliked Nora hurt but the fact that she didn't like his brothers was much worse. All he wanted was for them to get along but it wouldn't happen anytime soon.

While his brothers kept treating her like a spoiled princess, in a bad way, she always spoke about them as if they were somehow below her even though it wasn't true. But maybe it was the way she was raised.

Although he didn't say it out loud nearly as often, his brothers meant a lot to him and because of that, Fabian was even more hesitant to marry someone who didn't like them. As their future sister-in-law, she should love them and help them the way he did.

But Fabian couldn't force any of them to change their mind. It was a shame because his brothers could use a family member whom they got along with and who cared about them and their well-being.

Asher's relationship with their parents had been long gone for years and while he still lived at home, Seth had constantly talked about the pressure that their parents were giving to him and how they still hadn't accepted that he had chosen hockey as a future career.

As the oldest brother, Fabian tried to talk with their parents and asked them to take it easy with Seth. According to his brother, they hadn't done that or even understood the reasons why he was worried.

"I was just thinking of my friend Charlie, I met her about a month ago and helped her to move and all that. I think she would be perfect for you because you're always so serious and boring but if you're so sure about Nora..." Luckily Asher didn't finish the sentence.

"You have female friends you haven't slept with?" Fabian asked, only half-joking and even Asher laughed at that before saying yes.

After having his heart broken by his ex-girlfriend many years ago, his brother hadn't been in a committed relationship again. Well, not in one that lasted longer than a few weeks. Instead, he preferred one-night-stands with women whose names he didn't even remember on the next morning.

And he dared to judge him for getting married? He should look at himself in the mirror and decide if all these strangers and casual flings were really making him happy.

Of course Fabian had tried to get him to stop and try to find another woman he could be happy with but he wasn't having it. Now he was just praying that Asher remembered to use a condom every time because you could never know if some of those women had any STDs and if not those, there was always a pregnancy risk.

Crap, should he remind Asher for using a condom just in case? What about Seth? Had his sixteen years old brother had sex yet? Had their parents had the conversation with him or were they expecting him to do it too?

Fabian should call him after this.

"How do you feel about kids?" Huh? Where did that come from? Was he about to tell Fabian that he was going to be an uncle to a stranger's baby?

"They exist, I guess? Why?" Truthfully, besides his brothers when they were younger, he had never spent any time with children or even held one in his arms.

"Just wondering," was all that he said before changing the subject. "Did you invite Noelle already? I was just wondering if she can bring anyone as a plus-one?"

Noelle McGregor was an old friend of his whom he met in the freshman year of college. He had had the pleasure to watch her reach for her goals in life and make her dreams happen, making her a marvelous theater actress.