𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮

When Asher invited her to hang out with him this Sunday, Charlie had almost said no. It wasn't because she didn't like his company but simply because she was exhausted and only wanted to rest in peace.

Not only had she started to get morning sickness but her attempt to teach Aurora to sleep alone in the other bedroom always ended up in her toddler's screaming bloody murder every evening.

Unfortunately, Aurora had been a bit sick earlier this week which lasted about three days. When she had first noticed it on Tuesday, Charlie had immediately called the doctor and listened to their advice. They visited the hospital once and then got medicine for the fever.

While she was sick, Charlie hadn't gone outside at all other than going to the pharmacy and grocery store. Mix Aurora's fever and screaming to Charlie's morning sickness, it hadn't been the easiest week for either of them.

That was why she had been so hesitant to go out tonight even though Aurora was back to her old, healthy self. After talking with her parents, they had offered to look after Aurora so Charlie could have a night out and just relax which, now that she thought about it, sounded like heaven.

So she had called Asher and told him that she would meet him there after work. Hopefully, he would keep his word about just hanging out because Charlie wasn't in the mood for anything big or exciting. In fact, she would much rather watch some movies than go out.

She was now three months pregnant and her tiny pump had suddenly become a little visible but only when she took her shirt off. It was crazy to think that it had been almost two months since she had found out about the pregnancy and so much had happened after that.

She had finally broken up with Mason, got a new job and even found an apartment to rent that had two bedrooms and a bathroom with a small main room which served as both living room and and a kitchen. Even with two bedrooms, it was still very small but at least it was affordable.

The fact that Asher had volunteered to help her with the move with her father only proved how wrong she had been with her assumptions when they had first met.

The two of them had known each other for only a month and he had already become a very good friend of hers. Before giving him her number, Charlie had made sure that he understood that she wasn't looking for anything else but a friendship because of how chaotic her life had been lately.

Even if he said okay, not a problem and all that, Charlie still couldn't understand why a young, hot firefighter wanted to spend any time with a pregnant, very busy single mother with a one year old at home.

She didn't have that many friends left to hang out with. Many of them stopped calling after Aurora was born and Charlie didn't have much time to go out anymore or even talk on the phone longer than two minutes.

The funny thing was that in high school, Charlie had been quite popular and she had a lot of friends there. The same continued in the college until she got pregnant when most of them judged her for it, even the ones she had called her friends.

But now she had new friends. Or, at least one.

Standing outside of Asher's apartment building, she rang the buzzer and waited for Asher to answer. "Welcome to the magic house of a master Asher! What's up?"

Why was he so weird? "Hi, it's me. Charlie."

"Finally, we've waited for you!" Before she could say anything, he had already opened the door from upstairs and she walked inside before going to the second floor. When she reached Asher's door which was the last one in the right, she rang the doorbell and waited for him to open it.