𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

"I need your help!"

That was the first thing his brother said before Fabian could even say hello. Hearing his words, his first reaction was that his biggest nightmare had come true and something had happened to either Asher himself or Seth.

Then he forced himself to calm down and realized that his brother didn't sound scared at all which meant that whatever he needed help with probably wasn't all that serious.

While asking for the details, he left his phone on his shoulder while raising it so that it touched his jaw. That way he could use both of his hands and continue writing that e-mail which was probably more important than Asher's business.

They hadn't talked much since that day at his home with Noelle, his co-workers, and Charlie. Thinking about that day, Fabian hated how often his thoughts had gone back to that and a certain pink-haired woman. It made no sense whatsoever why she had been on his mind so often but it had to stop!

Obviously, he hadn't told about his new, strange thoughts to anyone because they would only assume that he liked her which wasn't the case. After meeting her and learning about her situation, he most likely felt only bad for her.

"Can you go pick up Charlie from her work? Her car doesn't work and she has to get Rory from the daycare before it closes. I know you don't know anything about cars but can you also check out her car?" Asher asked.

Sighing, Fabian only thought about how strange it was that he had waited this long to find an excuse to make them meet again because he was so determined to get them together.

"And you can't do it because...?" His brother probably had a list of all the reasons he could use as an excuse in case one of them didn't work.

"I'm at work!" Of course he was! How else would this plan work? I expected nothing less.

"I'm also at work so just tell her to call an Uber and get her car to the mechanic. Bye!" Short and simple, that should work. Did Asher really think that he would just abandon his work to save his pretty friend?

"Please, Fabi? You know I never ask for anything but now I need your help. They need your help. You know it could take a long time for the Uber to get to her and it also costs. It would take forever for her to use a bus! Also, don't tell me that your job is more important than mine?"

"You can't use the work card every time!" Fabian rolled his eyes even though he wasn't lying. After all, Asher was a firefighter and actually saved lives. "Fine but you owe me one! Text me the address."

Fortunately, Charlie worked at the mall in the center of Boston which was pretty close to his work so it took him only ten minutes to drive there. When he got to the parking lot, he noticed her standing by her red car almost immediately and drove next to her.

This time, her short hair was on two short braids and she was wearing blue, ripped jeans, a brown jacket with a hoodie, and similar color short boots.

"Thank you so much for coming. I don't know what's wrong with this but it doesn't move. And before you ask, yes, there's enough gas," Charlie explained, reading his mind because that was exactly what he was going to ask. The gas was such an obvious thing to check out but you could never know with people.

"It's fine, I'm just doing this for Ash," Fabian explained without a smile which made her frown and look down at her shoes. Good.

Asher was right about one thing and that was the fact that he knew almost nothing about cars. That was because someone else had always taken care of them and made sure that they worked as planned.

When he first got the job of the new CEO, all of his father's employees started to work for him, including his father's driver who he had transformed back to his father after three days.