𝐗𝐗𝐈

"I've got my key to my castle in the air, but whether I can unlock the door remains to be seen."

One of her favorite quotes in her beloved book, Little Women. Her hands couldn't stop shaking from the moment she ordered Dean to drive the car in order to escape what she had done. She couldn't as she was staring at the cover when the tears began to fall. She couldn't hear anything from him, yelling at her to find out what was going on.

From her ears, it was muted, but her inner thoughts grew louder. Sam Winchester, you are in deep danger... Why did you do this to yourself, Karina? She finally parted her voice with a whisper, "I made a mistake."

"Kay, what's wrong? Why are you crying over a book?"

"Sam gave this to me, he remembered my favorite."

"Okay?"

"I made a confession toward him before you appeared to save me in the living room." Karina heard the silence while Dean was waiting to hear what she had to say. She shared a nervous glance toward him and said, "I told him that I love him."

After the news awakened, the squealing tires went louder. Turning the steering wheel toward the right to park on the side of the road. He turned over to her with an excited grin on his face, "Are you kidding me?!"

She responded with no sense of positivity, "No, I'm not kidding."

Dean chuckled with widened eyes, "Karina, that's amazing! Wow... seeing you guys suffering for not seeing left me exhausted. What is the problem?"

"That's it, Dean. Confessing him is the problem." She faced him to see his confused eyes, then she let out a sigh when she put the book on the dashboard. "Every time I touch someone that I love, they either get killed or worse. I would rather cut myself in order to make it not happen anymore. I couldn't... I just-'

Karina shook her head slightly as she cried more, "I love him and... I can't give him a life he wanted."

"Karina..."

"Dean, you know that. All he ever wanted was a normal life, and he still wants that, I know it. Next time, there will be a normal girl who will accept him and love him as much as I do right now. While I will always be in the shadows as a Huntress. From that night, that's why I wanted him to kill me... so I wouldn't be tormented anymore by the secret that was piling up for me. Now, all of my enemies will go after him because I love him."

Dean lowered his eyes as he understood her pain, then he opened his arms toward her. She sniffed her tears when she slid the cushion over to him, wrapping her arms around him. "It's okay. It's okay." Sobbing terribly on his shoulder while he laid a hand on her head, then she returned back to breathing, easily.

Inhaling and exhaling deeply, he parted no words. He moved the stick from parking to driving. She looked out of the window, drying her tears away. Her mind was controlling to wipe away from the moments she grew the admiration toward him, telling herself to be strong.

Never felt more vulnerable in her life until the end... In the past, she was right. Humanity is a weakness, but her heart grew stronger. She closed her eyes, warming a soft smile on her face. Sam...

***

Riding through the Golden Gate Bridge, Dean and Karina arrived at the mansion in the middle of the woods. They shared looks together before he pressed the intercom. Through the speaker, a tiny camera viewed the duo featuring a female voice. "Yes?"

"Dr. Visyak. My name is Dean Winchester, this is my friend, Karina Leone."

"Office hours are Monday and Friday."