Twenty Three

I let out a sigh and ended the call. Heng is looking at me curiously to know what's going on. I feel so bad right now. Should I betray Becky just to help my dad or look for other ways? But there's no time for that.

"What is it Freen?" Heng asked looking at me worriedly while still focusing on his driving.

"You don't look happy at all. Is there something wrong?" He continued.

"Saints wants me to use Miss Armstrong and it doesn't sit well with me" I said weakly.

"Why?"

"She's still young for all these Heng. Don't you understand?"

"Young? Really Freen? She's an Armstrong for goodness sake! Whether or not she's young isn't our problem as long as we get what we want at the end" he said

I knew it. I know he would be like this. Yes Becky is an Armstrong but she didn't take part of the crime the dad committed, why do we have to hate her also? God! why am I defending her just now? Is it what love does to people?

"You have always been ready to use whoever you wish just to get things done. What changed now? What happened to you?" He asked curiously.

I hated all the family members before now. I wouldn't have thought about it twice if I don't have feelings for Becky. Love is indeed weakness.

"Uncle needs to leave there Freen. It breaks my heart each time I see him. Maybe you have forgotten what happened that day. Do I need to remind...."

"Fine Heng! I will do it. You don't have to remind me what happened because it never left my memory one bit, okay? It haunts me each time I close my eyes, how can I forget that?!" I yelled.

Silence.

"I will do it" I said in a more calmer tone.

"Good!" He said

We got home and I walked straight to my bedroom.

"What would you like to eat for lunch, I want to order ..." I slammed the door before he could finish.

I have no appetite for food because I am hurting a lot. None of them knows what I am passing through. How do I face Becky after using her? How do I face my family after having something with an Armstrong? I wish all these never happened. Maybe I should end it all with Becky but we just started our love story to end it so soon. I was in my thoughts when I fell asleep.

"I want to go to my mum" I cried.

"You can't Freen. She said we should stay here. Let's wait for her here" Heng stopped me.

"Mum can't fight them alone."

"Uncle will soon be here. Let's just wait here" Heng stopped me.

My dad already left to work when these people came. They are demolishing our home without a notice or compensation. My mum tried stopping them but they are stronger than her and of course, she can't fight the government.

It's raining heavily and these people are not stopping. Heng and I are watching them from this little house close by. My eyes widened when I saw my mum fell on the ground.

"Mummy!!" I screamed and ran to her.

Heng as well ran with me. I held my mum and helped her sit properly as she struggles to breath. My mum has challenges with her heart. She's not supposed to think too much or witness anything that would trigger her heart attack.

"Mum please breath" I cried.

She's struggling to breath and I had no idea what to do next. When such a thing happens, Heng is always the one that gets her drug and helps her through it. He instantly ran to the house in search of her medication.