Twenty Six

A servant came to inform Becky that her dad is home. Becky got out of the room to meet her dad. I knew this is the right time to add the main paper into the file. I took it out from my pocket and placed it at the center of the other documents. I feel so broken inside while doing this. I feel broken because I can't tell the difference between what Mr. Armstrong did to my dad and what I am doing to Becky right now.

I walked back to the bed while holding myself from changing my mind.

"I need this. It has to be done."

"The bad person here is Mr. Armstrong, not me." I keep battling with my guilt as I laid on the bed trying my hardest to ignore my conscience.

After some minutes she was back. She said the dad would be leaving in a minute to the office so she's taking the papers to him. I followed her out of the room to the stairs.

Mr. Armstrong was about leaving when Becky stopped him. She got down the stairs to meet the dad. I was staring from a corner. My heart is pounding heavily. If this is done, there is no going back.

"Dad, I need you to sign this before leaving." She said taking the folder to him.

"God Becky I'm sure it's one of your useless deals. When do I get to sign for something more better? Perhaps your law school Program?"

"Dad.."

"Fine"

He took the folder from her and started signing each of the papers without reading. After some seconds he was done. He handed the paper to Becky.

"I am still hoping it happens someday Becky. I want to sign for the school program...."

"I'm not doing it"

"Why not?"

"Thanks for this dad" Becky said and turned to leave.

"It's two years already sweetheart, why not think about it.." Mr Armstrong said but Becky was already walking upstairs.

He let out a sigh of frustration and left the house. What law school Program is he talking about? Did Becky finally study law? Did she not finish her education or she abandoned it for something else?

I was in my thoughts when Becky walked close to me smiling naughtily. I smiled at her while trying to hide my sad face.

"Done. Now you owe me" She said handing the folder to me.

She wants something in return? I was curious to know what she wants. She wrapped her arms around me. She's so fond of doing this.

"I want to go on a dinner date with you tonight. I think you owe me that" she said.

I smiled at her and she grabbed me into a kiss. She forgot we are not in her room. I wanted to pull away but she held me more tighter.

"I will be waiting Miss Sarocha. Don't be late" she said naughtily as she let go of me and walked to her room.

I have Mr. Armstrong's signature on the paper but I am not happy. I got inside my car and opened the folder. Page by page until I got to the important paper. My tears almost dropped when I saw his signature on it. He signed it. He signed everything without reading it because of the level of trust he has for the daughter.

Becky on the other hand took it to the dad because of the trust she has for me. I am not so different from the politicians that use people. I am not so different from Mr. Armstrong.

I rested my head on the steering wheel while dialing Saints contact.

"Hello Freen" he said when he answered.