Ten

It's another day as Miss Armstrong's driver. I am standing inside the house ready to go upstairs to her room since the servants said she hasn't come downstairs neither has she allowed anyone in her room. I guess she's still sad over what happened yesterday.

I walked upstairs and knocked on her door. After the second time she opened. She's wearing only a bathrobe. Looks like she just got out of the bathroom. She's still holding the door while standing on the way. She isn't taking her beautiful eyes off me. Did I just say beautiful eyes? What is wrong with me?

"Hey"

"Hey" my quick response

"You're here"

"Yeah"

"Great"

There was an awkward silence for like 30 seconds. She's not talking and I wonder if she's okay.

"Uhm.. are you alright?" I asked

"I mean the house help said they haven't seen you this morning" I continued.

"Well, at least you have seen me" she responded.

Another silence. This is so awkward. I decided to go downstairs since there's nothing to say anymore. At least I am okay knowing that she is good just probably still sad about her friend.

"I have nowhere to go today. I already cancelled my schedule for the day. So you can just go home" she said.

I quickly turned to her. I hate it when she sends me off like this. I know she never wanted a driver but since her dad already employed me, she should let me do my job.

"Your dad didn't employ me to stay at my house. He employed me to be here by your side, driving you anywhere that is necessary and also hinder you from going to harmful places"

"My dad employed you to be by my side but what about you? Do you want to stay by my side?"

Silence.

I felt something I have never felt before in my stomach on hearing that. She's looking at me in the eyes still expecting an answer.

"What do you mean by that?" I finally muttered warmly and she smiled.

"let me rephrase Miss Sarocha. Do you want me by your side?" She asked biting her lips.

Is she flirting with me this morning or what? Her hand suddenly landed on my shoulder. She ran her hand from my shoulder to my collar and started drawing me to her.

"Is this what you mean by staying by your side?"

"Not really but this particular one isn't so bad"

"You need to stop all these." I said moving backwards.

"So you're straight afterall?"

"What?"

"You like men don't you? I mean if you're bi or something, no way you won't feel that, you know"

"Miss Armstrong...." I called

"Call me Becky" she cut me off.

"Are you sure you're alright? You're acting strange this morning"

She let out a sigh of frustration and started walking to her  closet.

"Yes I know. I'm trying to be happy and that is the only way I can be happy. Sorry for that" she said.

"Hey watch out!" I said but before I could finish, she already hit her toe on the chair.

"Ouch" she groaned in pain.